View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sick by ponta smith
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:08 am 
Penguin

Sick by ponta smith vs new york coin seminar 1- coin across

Which one would you guys preferred? For those who had bought it. What are both pros and cons.

Do both dvd have awesome, impressing and stunning routines?

Do new york coin seminar 1 uses gaff coin alot? or only in 1 or 2 routine?

Post subject: Re: Sick by ponta smith vs new york coin seminar 1- coin across
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:34 pm 

The NYCM DVD will require you to have a Shell. That's about all I can think of. Sick was designed to showcase extremely difficult sleight of hand, while the NYCM videos were designed to showcase different approaches to a single plot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:16 am 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
The NYCM DVD will require you to have a Shell. That's about all I can think of. Sick was designed to showcase extremely difficult sleight of hand, while the NYCM videos were designed to showcase different approaches to a single plot.

Oh. haha thanks. Erm, may i ask how many routines using gimmicked coins like shells in NYCS. If out of 20+ routines, many used gimmicked coins, sick would be my choice for sure. I hope you will reply me
thank you :)

Ps: And i would like to ask, if both dvd look nice using small coins. The biggest coin in singapore is 24mm or 2.4cm in diamater and thickness about 2mm 50cents coin, our 1 dollar coin is even smaller then the 50cents coin. The size of the biggest coin(50 cents) in my country is like the United state quaters coins. Thats the biggest i have for my country coins. I do not want to use foreign coins, as local coins look convincing. Thanks once again :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:35 pm 

Off the top of my head, I have no idea. Keep in mind though, the routines are all focused on coins going from one spot to another. You're not exactly going to want to use two or three of these for the same people anyways. The big thing about Sick is that, along with the moves being really hard, they're angle senstive in a lot of cases. From Sick, the only routines that I've actually decided to put time into are the Matrix handlings. Other than that, I don't see the payoff with performing these for lay people.

Post subject: Sick by ponta smith
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:37 am 
Penguin

Is it unsuitable to use small coins for sick? The biggest coin in singapore is 24mm or 2.4cm in diamater and thickness about 2mm 50cents coin, our 1 dollar coin is even smaller then the 50cents coin. The size of the biggest coin(50 cents) in my country is like the United state quaters coins. Thats the biggest i have for my country coins. I do not want to use foreign coins, as local coins look convincing

Post subject: Re: Sick by ponta smith, sorry to ask again different qns though
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:47 am 
born to perform.

Yes, its possible to do the routines with smaller coins but it wont look anywhere near as visual and as clean IMO. The barehanded 'vanish' trick will prove extremely difficult (it's hard anyway but the size will make it more so).
Can I ask if this is your first venture into coin magic?
If so, the material in Sick will prove difficult and nearly unusably so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:24 am 
Penguin

revelation77 wrote:
Yes, its possible to do the routines with smaller coins but it wont look anywhere near as visual and as clean IMO. The barehanded 'vanish' trick will prove extremely difficult (it's hard anyway but the size will make it more so).
Can I ask if this is your first venture into coin magic?
If so, the material in Sick will prove difficult and nearly unusably so.

I just bought bobo modern coin magic and had been practising on it before moving on to sick. Well, so isit worth to get sick if i am working with small coin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:27 am 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
Off the top of my head, I have no idea. Keep in mind though, the routines are all focused on coins going from one spot to another. You're not exactly going to want to use two or three of these for the same people anyways. The big thing about Sick is that, along with the moves being really hard, they're angle senstive in a lot of cases. From Sick, the only routines that I've actually decided to put time into are the Matrix handlings. Other than that, I don't see the payoff with performing these for lay people.

So is sick worth to buy? especially i am working with small coins, and i stated the size in above post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:33 am 
born to perform.

Stick with Bobo's and maybe look into "In the Beginning there were Coins"

Also for future reference, every time you have a new question about a product you don't need to make a new topic... just ask it in your original thread

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:46 am 
Penguin

Zenn_Darkfire wrote:
Stick with Bobo's and maybe look into "In the Beginning there were Coins"

Also for future reference, every time you have a new question about a product you don't need to make a new topic... just ask it in your original thread

I bought bobo's book, is a motivation for me to get sick. I only use the book as basic foundation. I really love the routines from sick, but isit worth to buy it especially for small coins?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:13 am 
born to perform.

MagicFTW wrote:
I really love the routines from sick, but isit worth to buy it especially for small coins?

We can't make the decision for you. I've given you the information: It wont look as clean or as visual and in some cases it makes the already hard moves harder. Knowing that, let me ask you - 'is it worth to buy it especially for small coins?'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:10 am 
Penguin

revelation77 wrote:
MagicFTW wrote:
I really love the routines from sick, but isit worth to buy it especially for small coins?

We can't make the decision for you. I've given you the information: It wont look as clean or as visual and in some cases it makes the already hard moves harder. Knowing that, let me ask you - 'is it worth to buy it especially for small coins?'

Thats a smart question. Thanks. Definetely no. But sadly, i really love the matrixes though.
What better recommendation do you have? other then those basic stuff, since i already have bobo modern coin magic book.

EDITED: Let me ask u in this way, how many routines out of the 11 routines are almost impossible to do with a 2.4cm(about size of us quaters) coins and are these coins suitable and easy to handle for ALL the MATRIXES

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:25 pm 
born to perform.

It sounds to me like you're a beginner in coin magic, you should buy David Stone's Basic Coin DVD.
It has really good coins across routines along with other great moves and routines

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:12 am 
Penguin

MagicFTW wrote:
revelation77 wrote:
MagicFTW wrote:

EDITED: Let me ask u in this way, how many routines out of the 11 routines are almost impossible to do with a 2.4cm(about size of us quaters) coins and are these coins suitable and easy to handle for ALL the MATRIXES

How big are you hands? Probably possible at that size. Like they've said before though at the VERY LEAST you should have your ROV and different palms down, you will need them for the matrixes.

David Stone's Basic Coin Magic is good, but I recommend David roth Easy to master coin magic Vol.1 more. Actually both are great but I believe he teaches it better.

Post subject: Re: Sick by ponta smith
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:15 pm 
Penguin

Either way each DVD will give you plenty of material to work on. I have Sick and it really is sick. Gives you tons of ideas. Tons of work. And if your like me I really liked 3 of them and took off with my own variations. By no way easy. In all ways sick. -DP