View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Intermediate coin magic BOOK?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:20 pm 
born to perform.

Just watched a DVD where they wanted me to quad classic palm, tossing one coin each hand pass to the opposite hand, and classic palm WHILE STILL IN MOTION.

Yeah no thanks. Would prefer a book instead of a DVD (value for the money, less chance anyone's seen that particular trick).

thanks!

Post subject: Re: Intermediate coin magic BOOK?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:49 pm 
born to perform.

Can you give more information about the trick you described? I couldn't understand what you're supposed to do.
You got four coins classic palmed, what do you do then?
I don't care about the trick I just want to know what you're supposed to do.

About the books:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S10029
I heard it's really good, I'm planning on buying it in the near future

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:24 am 
Penguin

Daniel, sounds like 4 coins in CP each muscle passed to left hand. Ponta's 3 fly does something similiar but only with 1 coin.

I recommend Cointopia by Kainoa Harbottle. Learn the finger tip muscle pass among other routines.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:25 am 
Team Penguin

Akira!

COINsomnia is an excellent book but the material inside really isn't THAT difficult to do if you are comfortable with basic and some more slightly advanced sleights.

What I reccomend is Curtis Kam and Kainoa Harbottle material. While both of them ARE pretty difficult to do and very detailed, the magic looks great. Almost 90% or so of Curtis' material has been transmitted onto DVD in his Palms of Steel DVDs. The first volume is a VHS tape but the other 4 are still available. Great material in these videos..

One book I would reccomend over everything else is definitely David Roth's Expert Coin Magic. The material is creative and some of it can be pretty difficult but his work on coins is definitely much better than anybody else's. With that said, I would suggest getting Richard Kaufman's Coin Magic. Yes that is the title. Again, the material really ranges from simple, to extremely advanced and the contributers are all very knowlegable coin guys. Sol Stone, David Roth, Ed Marlo, Richard Kaufman, Al Schneider etc.

You know where to reach me if you ever need some more suggestions or want to speak privately about a certain effect or resource.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:50 pm 
born to perform.

i don't have too many coin books unfortunately but i do have coins on edge (harbottles book) and i wouldn't call it intermediate. Its pretty advanced. I've read the whole thing and i don't even try to work on any of it anymore. I might go back to it later in life. I really would like to get roths book (expert coin magic) and if you don't have it thats probably the kind of book you're looking for too. I've also heard coin magic by kaufman is good. But mark has already mentioned this (and he knows much more about it than i lol) so there was no real reason for me to post this other than to tell you that kainoa's stuff is hard as phuq.

Good luck finding something saucy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:34 am 
born to perform.

I know you said you prefer books .... but ....

I like David Stone "The real secrets of restaurant magic". He has a few coin routines that are good, intermediate level, without being too difficult.

Michael Ammar "Easy to master money miralces" has a few lower-intermediate effects.

Michael Close has a full routine starting with 6 coins and working down to 4 coins (ending with coin through table). I believe that it is "up close #4", but I'm not 100% sure.

Greg Wilson "on the spot" also has a relatively easy coins across routine. It also has a nice one-coin routine (using two coins) ending with a coin under watch.

(helpful post #34)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:36 pm 
born to perform.

Also if you have Apocalypse, obviously, there's a wealth of coin work from the best in the business.

-JT