View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Favorite Coin Routines?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:37 pm 
Penguin

What's your favorite coin routine?
One of my favorites would have to be this short routine:
1. Incredible Coins Across (Michael Ammar)
2. I use those three coins, plus the hidden one in fingerpalm, (I just pretend to bring out another one) to do Hanging Coins (Michael Ammar).
3. Then I bring out 2 more coins and perform The Cross of India (Daryl).
This is a nice, short, powerful, and visual coin routine, which, if presented well, is a nice alternative to a bunch of pick-a-card tricks.

Another favorite routine of mine would have to be this:
1. Continuous Production (Jack Chanin)
2. Snappy (Aldo Colombini)
3. Michael's Matrix (Michael Ammar)

By the way, all of the tricks I mentioned above are in Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Money Miracles. Buy them, they're great!

If you want to share your coin routines, feel free![/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:29 pm 
Penguin

I really like to start out with Daryl's Cross of India, but I use 8 coins instead of six. I've found the extra coins help, plus they give me a reason to go into my pocket to dump the extras.

After that, I "accidentally" knock one of the coins onto the floor and say "well, since one is already on the floor, how about a trick done on the floor." and go into Shadow coins.

Then I get back up and do Sankey's Mr. Clean Coins Across.

Then finish up with a Scotch and soda routine using flashpaper.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:18 pm 
Penguin

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccceeee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:50 pm 
Penguin

I'm working on Sankey's Mass Consumption and Reed McClintock's 13 coin matrix. The handling on the 13 Coin Matrix is a real knucklebuster.

Sankey's imagination is wild, but I think I like Reed's pacing and demeanor a little better. Sankey is just a little too frenetic for me.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:28 pm 
Penguin

Those sound cool but are there any matrixes besides imposssible matrix with descriptions online or are they all in books because I'm not sure what a matrix is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:14 am 
born to perform.

A matrix is where four coins are covered by cards and they seem to "jump" from underneath one card to another until all coins are under one card. There are many sources to learn the Matrix and its different variations out there, or you could just buy the Instant Download that Penguin has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:36 am 
Site Admin

Right now my only coin routine is a Matrix. Am working on Greg Wilsons routine of coins across. He is just so smooth with the handling of the coins. It is imperceptible even in slow mo to catch it. Practice, practice, I have to practice :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:23 pm 
born to perform.

PDQ #2 Coins Across (Paul Harris's Art of Astonishment book two)

Classic Matrix (Lots of resources, can be learned from the Instant Download section)

Silver Elevator (Paul Harris's Art of Astonishment book two)

Last edited by melb on Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:44 am 
born to perform.

Gregory Wilsons 3/4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:43 pm 
Penguin

My normal routine (roughly 25 minutes) includes the following coin effects:

a) coin from 2 playing cards, leading into
b) al schneider matrix.
c) 6 coin coins to cup (people love the sound!) - sort of like Ammar's Simple Coins Across and D.Stone's Star Travel, but with a coffee mug, and the last 2 coins travel simultaneously "through" my stomach into the mug; and
d) hopping halves - if you get a well constructed set, you can concentrate on presentaion and really turn this into a blocbuster effect.

I had been doing a scotch and soda / dime and penney tricke where the centavo penetrates the back of my hand, but I am going to replace that with another coin effect.

Post subject: Winged Silver
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:16 am 
Penguin

David Roth's "Winged Silver" is an outstanding coins across routine in the hands.

I can not remember the name of it, but Sankeys four coins across using a coin roll and han-ping-chan is beautiful.

My favorite coin video is The Revolutionary Coin Magic of Jay Sankey. While it is an outstanding teaching tool, it is great just to watch for enjoyment and entertainment. Some of the stuff is a little too advanced for a very novice coin worker as myself.

My favorite effect on that tape is without doubt "Cartesian Coins". Its a four coin production from a single coin. It is beautiful, fully inspectable, and an effect that just melts the specs heads.

Post subject: Re: Winged Silver
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:46 am 
born to perform.

briantwig wrote:
David Roth's "Winged Silver" is an outstanding coins across routine in the hands.

I can not remember the name of it, but Sankeys four coins across using a coin roll and han-ping-chan is beautiful.

My favorite coin video is The Revolutionary Coin Magic of Jay Sankey. While it is an outstanding teaching tool, it is great just to watch for enjoyment and entertainment. Some of the stuff is a little too advanced for a very novice coin worker as myself.

My favorite effect on that tape is without doubt "Cartesian Coins". Its a four coin production from a single coin. It is beautiful, fully inspectable, and an effect that just melts the specs heads.

Jay's coin video sounds like a great one, but I do not think I will buy it due to the fact that I have heard that he makes fun of Christians on the video. I think if you are going to produce a magic video, then stick to the magic, not the jokes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:05 pm 
born to perform.

don't worry about the christian thing, people make too big of a deal of it. All it is is one joke, and then it's over. Don't let this turn you away, there is some really great coin magic in there.

Post subject: Re: Winged Silver
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:10 pm 
born to perform.

melb wrote:
briantwig wrote:

Jay's coin video sounds like a great one, but I do not think I will buy it due to the fact that I have heard that he makes fun of Christians on the video. I think if you are going to produce a magic video, then stick to the magic, not the jokes.

I have the same thoughts about the magic/joking thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:55 pm 

I start using Scotch and soda, use the half dollar from it and go straight to coin through table(butter coin), then into leathal tender. After that, I go back to the quarter from S&S and do folding quarter routine.