View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: back palm
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:09 pm 
Penguin

after reading Bobos coin magic for the second time i decided to try to learn the back palm. but whenever i do it my pinkie and first finger look cramped. is their a way to uncramp my fingers besides getting a bigger coin?
any help is appreciated
ike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:46 pm 
born to perform.

It is hard to do without a big coin--like a silver dollar. There is something called a Tenkai Pinch (I believe) that allows you to hold the coin back there, just pinching it with your pinkie. Sankey explains it on a couple of videos such as Revolutionary Coin Magic and Best of Sankey vol 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:08 pm 
born to perform.

Location: asylum Occupation: unemployed Hobbies: full-contact origami
I agree. if you want to do the back palm, you need to have the right size coin. i live in germany and used to do it with a 5 mark piece. we have euros now, so can't do it any more. now i use the goshman pinch (tenkai pinch)(don't feel like arguing about which name is correct). i found this much easier to learn and can move the hand more naturally. still have to watch angles, but that is with most slights.
I would recommend learning this and then doing the back palm. I learned the back palm first, but it always seemed awkward when doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:32 am 
Penguin

I use the goshman pinch 'cause you can use almost any sized coin and the angles aren't so bad. I'd highly recommend the goshman pinch.
(BTW you can learn it from revolutionary coin magic by jay sankey / on the spot by gregory wilson. High impact routine included in both tapes!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:46 am 
born to perform.

chrisrkline wrote:
It is hard to do without a big coin--like a silver dollar. There is something called a Tenkai Pinch (I believe) that allows you to hold the coin back there, just pinching it with your pinkie. Sankey explains it on a couple of videos such as Revolutionary Coin Magic and Best of Sankey vol 3.
iT'S EXPLAINED
IN JAY SANKEY'S SHORT AND SWEET MR.CLEAN COINS ACROSS NICE EFFECT BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR A MONTH NOW..VERY NICE! :twisted: