View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Modern Coin Magic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:54 pm 
Penguin

I just got this book, and am literally on the first couple of pages where the classic palm and edge palm is taught. I can hold the coin there, but when it comes to moving the coin from my fingertips to those positions and back, it seems impossible. I know with practice it will eventually get better, but man that seems really hard. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:30 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I didn't reference the book but I think I know what you're saying.

Practice practice pratice. Get the coin on your very tips of your fingers and press them in to your palm. Remove your fingers and all will be good.

Do find out which size coin is easiest for you to work with. Find out which is hardest. Practice with both.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:48 pm 
born to perform.

Just keep with bro....... If you quite you'll never be able to do it. Relaxe with it and don't try to force to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:51 pm 
Penguin

Yeah have to say that practice is the only real key to help here. When I first started I would be walking around the house with a coin palmed in each hand, walking down the street i'd practive sleeving constantly, of course i'd be bending over to pick up a coin every 2 seconds and people thought I was nuts but I can sleeve a coin without even thinking now. Also when the coin is on your right hand middle and ring curl them into the palm position, get used to getting your index finger to touch your thumb so your index finger doesn't stick out which makes it look un-natural. When the coin is in the palm push your thumb in a bit this should catch the coin in the fleshy part of your thumb and palm and then exten your fingers, its hard to explain but you'll get it ! !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:00 am 
Emperor Penguin

tmel21, I searched through my bookmarks and found a nice site with a couple photos on it of palming that may help you. I sent you a PM with the URL.

8)