View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: free magic tricks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:30 pm 
Penguin

i'm 14 and i dont have a lot of money to spend on these tricks, so i was wondering if anyone knew of any good free magic sites with videos and stuff
thnx :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:51 pm 
born to perform.

why dont you save some money and get soem good tricks off this site. the free magic tricks that you find arent goign to be any good b/c everyone has access to them. they arent goign to tell you a really great trick for free if everyone can find it. even if we did know a good site nobody is allowed to post it here according to the rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:59 pm 
born to perform.

This is a store...

You don't just go into stores and say "I don't want to buy any of your products, but would you mind giving me some free stuff?"

But there are a lot of great cheap items here. Among them... Modern Coin Magic by J.B. Bobo. ($10) That will last you a looong time, if you really want to learn everything in the book.

Bytheway, Penguin does provide some free tricks... they're all card, but you may find some use for them. http://www.penguinmagic.com/freetricks.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:32 pm 

remember that anything that is free is worth exactly what you paid for it. Nothing.
Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:46 pm 
born to perform.

Since the post is in coins, Get Bobo's "Modern Coin Magic" which will set you back less than $10. If you truely want to do magic with coins this book will give you months of study and years of entertainment.

Post subject: Re: free magic tricks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:44 am 

richman wrote:
i'm 14 and i dont have a lot of money to spend on these tricks, so i was wondering if anyone knew of any good free magic sites with videos and stuff

Ok, "richman" (should be "poorboy") I will assume that you really are interested in magic. I was just browsing thru my library of DVD's and VHS tapes and ran across Jeff McBryde's "World Class Manipulation" series. If you are REALLY interested in magic and not just trolling, buy yourself 3 balls, 2 red, 1 white. These should be a size that fits into your hands comfortably so you can palm them. Practice the french drop vanish, the ball into hand vanish, the toss vanish and a roll thru fingers appearance. Add a handkerchief or a good 9" silk and you now have a good 30 minute routine that will amaze people. BTW the balls I use are about 1" in diameter and cost me 75 cents for a dozen wholesale, they retail for about fifty cents each so your total cost is less than 2 dollars

Peter

Post subject: Bobo.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:52 pm 
born to perform.

I hear where your coming from man. Years ago, I didn't have much money either.

But I did have enough for Bobo's Modern coin magic. Paid 10 dollars for it, and it introduced to coin magic.

One thing about magic is that it can be expensive, but if you are good enough with your sleights and misdirection...that is what really matters.

One more thing...research your tricks before you by them. You don't want to buy some dumb trick for a bunch of money.

That is one things that these forums are for....to talk of tricks and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:09 pm 
Penguin

Work for money dude. i'm 14 and i have the m5 and ninja 1 along with other stuff and i aint rich either. just work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:42 am 
born to perform.

depending on the state its very hard to get a job if you are 14 b/c of the labor laws. but that doesnt mean he cant do work for firends and family to earn soem money.

Post subject: .....
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:24 pm 
Penguin

if you are really pressed for money, call libraries around you, and find one that carries the royal road to card magic, or j.b. bobo stuff....after doing that, find the nearest I.B.M. ring (international brotherhood of magic) and join it.....the library will be free, the membership is like 20 bucks per year, and if you call the president of the ring and tell him ur short on dough and just starting, im sure they will give you a free ride.....study those two books, and attend all meetings (monthly) and give it a year.....if you do this, you will be better than atleast 50 percent of people who do magic.

Post subject: Re: free magic tricks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:13 pm 
Penguin

richman wrote:

Then why is your name richman? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:45 pm 
Penguin

there are a couple of sites that teach a few sleights (sorry, but I'm too lazy to go look them up). Go on google and look a while. Sleight of hand magic is cheap, just requires practice (unless you count the coins or cards used, if you can't afford that, I don't know how I can help you).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:57 am 
born to perform.

Of course there is the obvious, Ask for penguin gift certificates from everyone for christmas, that would be the easiest way to get stuff for no money out of your pocket.

HO,HO,HO :wink: