View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Okito Boxes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:14 am 
Penguin

Hello Penguins!

Does anyone know any good Okito box routines? I recently purchased a box, but only know one routine and that is the basic one that comes with the instructions. If anyone knows any moves or routines or where they can be found, could you please let me know? I don't think it would be exposure, because I already know how the box works. You can PM me or AIM me or just leave your tips here. Thanks to all in advance. Peace

*street* :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:09 am 
born to perform.

The Bobo book has some coinbox routines in it. Some are pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:23 am 
Penguin

Location: ... the halls of Valhalla. Where the fallen warriors awaken, and the brave shall live forever.
check out Roth's Expert Coin Magic Made Easy vol. 11. I think you'll find quite a few excellent ideas there.

Also, I'll describe a routine that I do with a regular Okito box, maybe it will give you some ideas.

(I usually use the dragon okito box, which is very ornate, and people want to see it up close)

I show an empty box to the spectator, commenting on how unique the box style is, but that an empty box is no good for magic tricks. I take the box back, open it again to show it empty one last time, close it, and then snap my fingers. Instantly I dump out 4 coins. I show the coins to the spectator, and put them into the box one at a time, and close the lid. I pick up the box, saying something like "there are four coins in the box, you can hear them (shake box), you can see them (open for a quick peek inside and close again), but watch this..." I put the box back on the mat, snap my fingers, and seemingly pull the first coin straight through the top of the box. "Coin 1" The second sequence starts the same, I put the three remaining coins into the box, one at a time, but this time I lift up the box, tap the top, and the second coin falls through the bottom of the box. "Coin 2" For the third sequence I put the two coins in the box, pick up the two that have already come out and put them into my right hand, snap fingers (or whatever you like to do), and the third coin appears with the other two in my hand. The last coin I have the spec put in the box, and I have them put the top on. I pick up the box, show the coin again, and do a through the hand effect. I finish by putting all four coins in the box, and vanishing them, so that I'm left with the original, empty box.

I also do effects using 2 silver coins and one copper coin. Vanishing the copper coin from between the silvers, and reappearing it, etc...

<><> SunDragon Magic <><>
www.dmimfg.com/magicsupplies.htm

"Question Reality... Create Illusions"