View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Coin Routines...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:43 pm 
born to perform.

Please name some routines I should look into and learn.....

I am better at learning slieghts if I can see/visualize or comprehend them in the context of a routine.... Thanks for your help.

Adam

PS Where I can learn them from is a bonus, for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:37 am 
born to perform.

Roth's Chink a chink.

Also check out some of Slydini's goodies.

Bobo has some great routines...that you can modify as well.

Hoosier's work is well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:32 pm 
Penguin

If your into coins and are willing to put in the work the you can't beat Jay Sankeys Revolutionary Coin Magic, has many routines from Mr Clean Coins across to 10 other coins across routines, many weird routines but the DVD is a lot of fun to learn as they are different to most effects and the sleights take a lot of work to master.
Troy Hooser's DVD's arn't bad, great 3 Fly routines but most if not all effects are gimmicked coins.
Greg Wilsons On the spot DVD has a great effect that I always perform which uses the Sylvester Pitch (Love this move) except I can't remember the darn name ! ! ! ! Could be Toll Free
Quick Silver - A quarter disappears and reappears three times - in your eye socket (like a monocle), on the spectator's shoulder, and finally under their watch. All you need is a quarter.
A clean and slick impromptu Coins Across. All you need are 3 borrowed quarters. Better start doing your Pinky-Pushups for this incredibly fair handling.

Toll Free - A Close-up miser's dream that ends with a jumbo production! Multiple methods ensure that spectator's never see the same move twice.
99 Cent Trick - Multiple coin vanishes topped off with a dizzying transposition. That's all I'm telling you.

Questionable Trick - A very convincing copper/silver transposition with the spare change in your pocket - a penny and a dime. Now you can perform Scotch and Soda anywhere, at any time.

Hope this Helps, I have some David Roth video's but don't like him as much as the guys mentioned above.
Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:08 pm 
born to perform.

Ok now i'm doing ok....research a 3 fly routine I have 3/4 across and all from On the Spot. I guess I should have stated that I was looking for Plots that use coins....Thanks for all the help... I need lots of help in this area I can Barely coin roll at this point....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:46 am 
Penguin

Revolutionary Coin Magic by Sankey!!
On that DVD you find ALOT routines! The most is very good and a few is useless!!
Ex. Mr. Clean Coins Across!! That is my alltime favourite coins across routine! ( but I have modified it a little so it fits to my arsenal of sleights)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:56 am 
Penguin

Location: ... the halls of Valhalla. Where the fallen warriors awaken, and the brave shall live forever.
Plots for coin routines? Hmmm I find that describing what you're doing as you do it works well for coins. For instance, if you're doing an Okito box routine, you could patter something like this:

In front of me I have small box and four coins. (Roth) This is the top of the box, this is the bottom. These are the four coins, they go into the box. Now, the idea is simple... to get one of the coins from the box to my hand... from here, to here... The first coin to travel from the box to my hand..."

Just a thought, but coin magic usually works well without a lot of complicated stories and plots, just show what you have, tell them what you're doing, or what you're going to do, and then do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:03 pm 
Penguin

Adammcd wrote:
I need lots of help in this area I can Barely coin roll at this point....

In my opinion, that doesn't really matter...sure it improves dexterity and looks nice, but it isn't vitally important.:)
If you really want to learn it, then stick with it. I found that practicing when your watching a movie, in the dark, is great; You get your practice in, and people won't see you mess up. :P