View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NO SLEIGHT OF HAND
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:18 pm 
Penguin

hi guys i am new to magic can someone tell me a good trick to ger that doesnt require much sleight of hand that has an awesome effect thansk a lot guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:33 pm 
born to perform.

well I would really reccomend learning sleight of hand.

but in the meantime, a good trick that requires little practice is scotch and soda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:42 am 
Penguin

Location: ... the halls of Valhalla. Where the fallen warriors awaken, and the brave shall live forever.
I agree with Cowboy4ever. You should take a little time to at least learn the basic, staple sleights that are used in almost any routine, even gimmick coin routines. Classic palm, finger palm, thumb clip, utility switch, and shuttle pass, at the very least. Without knowing how to do these moves well, even most basic gimmick routines will not go over well, or look good to anyone.

You don't want to start throwing your magic out there for people to see too soon. If you do you're dooming yourself with all of those spectators for when the day comes that you are good, and can do really cool looking things (they'll remember the lame stuff you did in the beginning and not give you a chance when you get good. First impression can be a real b__ch!). If you're new to magic, start the same way the rest of us did, a lot of practice in front of a mirror, get good at a few things, then show them.

My girlfriend's son never spent time on sleights, and he doesn't practice effects enough before showing them to people, and as a result, everyone knows how he does it, and no one really wants to watch him anymore. I tell him the same thing I'm saying to you, but he will not listen, and his magic suffers severly (along with the all of us who are forced to watch).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:19 pm 
born to perform.

invisible deck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:23 pm 
born to perform.

knickz4lyfe20 wrote:
invisible deck

Nice coin trick.

Anyways, there lots of good coin effects that are really easy. The ones that come to mind are S & S and the coin bite and the Raven.

There's also other transpos and vanishes and such, just get a copper/silver coin and some other gaffs to make your life easier. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:04 pm 
Penguin

Have a look at Hopping Half also, a nice effect !