View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Flying Shuttle vs. Sylverster Pitch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:46 pm 
Penguin

What is your favourite move?
And what is most useful?
I can do both, just wanted to hear comments on it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:57 pm 
Penguin

Hi
Sylvester Pitch has to be my favourite, I have it down just about 100%, the other day I did Greg Wilsons routine using the sylvester pitch called Toll Free, a quick routine but I changed it to finish with a small plum as its all I had on hand, patter wasn't important but got freakish reactions when I dumped a quarter from my left hand to my right but ended up having a plum in the left hand still. Awsome move.

Flying Shuttle in my opinion is a hard sleight if combined with I think Roths shuttle, I think thats it but its Sankeys combo of shuttles he uses, awsome as it truely looks like one coin ! ! ! I need to work on mine.

Learn the Sylvester pitch people, totally fooled some magicians at my local store with the move and Gregory Wilsons Toll Free.

Cheers,
Ports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:24 am 
Penguin

Location: ... the halls of Valhalla. Where the fallen warriors awaken, and the brave shall live forever.
I like the pinch as well. But the flying shuttle is the staple of just about all of my coin (and other small object) effects. After I saw Sankey's handling of it on Rev. C.M., I practiced until my hands and my brain seized up, but it paid off. That move is, in my opinion, the most convincing way to show the hands empty, and by far the best version of the shuttle pass.

BTW, I don't use the Roth shuttle to put the coin back into the hand where it started out. I customized the Roth shuttle, combined it with elements of the flying shuttle, to create a very convincing shuttle retrieval method. It's difficult to get the coin from where it lands in the left hand after a flying shuttle into position for a Roth shuttle, while simultaneously positioning the other coin in the right hand into the shuttle receiving position. Well, it's difficult to do these two things without your hands doing some strange and unnatural looking movements, and with all that positioning, it's easy to lose a coin, or blow the shuttle effect in other ways. My flying shuttle retrieval allows me to leave the coins alone. They are in position for either the flying shuttle (left) or the shuttle retrieval (right) automatically, so my hands don't need to move and position, and negotiate the coins. It's a very natural method, similar to Jay's handling, but decidedly different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:00 am 
born to perform.

I love both of these,but I use the pitch more so I'll have to go with the pitch.