Dude... no offense, but the raven comments, advice, criticism, and everything else Raven has been done to death. When you buy it and look at the Raven forum you'll know what I mean. I guess we're all pretty much talked out about the Raven at this point.
I'll tell you this though:
It is worth the money
It does not take 30 minutes to setup
You can wear almost anything you want once you get good with it
I almost never use it... Not because it's not great, but because there's more to most routines than vanishing a coin (or changing it into a small coin, or whatever you else you change it into). I work with coins almost exclusively, and my routines, while quick paced, require a little more than, "here's a coin... now it's gone...viola!" The Raven produces a very strong visual vanishing or change effect, but there's not a lot more you can do with it after that. If you want a vanish that slays people, and that's about it, the Raven is the best thing you'll ever buy and use. But if you want to do routines that are a little more involved, spend your money and time on learning the sleights and moves.
BTW, I'm not saying that the Raven is a one trick wonder, it really is a great utility tool, I'm just saying that the raven by itself isn't much of an act. For instance:
I use the Raven to vanish a borrowed signed quarter, which I rematerialize at the end of my time with that particular spectator. Obviously, the borrowed quarter isn't also coincidentally a steel core or magnetic coin, so I need to switch in my own, and a good deal of sleight and misdirection is required in addition to the Raven to pull off the effect. The Raven in this effect is nothing more than a tool to combine a visual vanish with a dupe ditch. About 30% of the power of the routine comes from the Raven vanish, the other 70% comes from the spectator finding their coin under their drink or napkin at the end.
To sum up, Raven good, not an end-all, drop dead effect by itself, but a very useful tool when combined with good old fashioned magic.
Well, I guess I wasn't totally talked out about the Raven after all.
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>
"Question Reality... Create Illusion"