It is time.
I see, everyday, someone asking about this and that. These questions have been repeated and repeated.
Here we go.
#1 - "What is the best book for Coin Magic?"
-Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. This book teaches hundreds of sleights and routines, and it is VERY affordable. EVERY coin worker needs this book. If you are a beginner...get it.....if you are an advanced worker...get it.
#2 - "What brands of coins should I get?"
-Avoid Sasco. This is the low-end coin making company. The coins look gaffed and the quality is terrible.
-Sterling. This is a step up from Sasco, though still not the best.
-Johnson - This better than most every company out there. If you don't want crap, but want high-quality work, then get Johnson. Their lifetime guarantee is wonderful!
-Custom makers - Lassen, Kueppers, Schoolcraft. These are for serious and DEDICATED coin workers. These guys are pricey, but in magic you get what you pay for. It is the BEST Coins money can buy.
#3 - What DVDs/Videos should I get for Coin Magic?
-Go to the best. David Roth ("The Greatest Coin Manipulator in the World"), with his Expert Coin Magic Made Easy series and his Ultimate Coin Magic (for the more advanced) series.
#4 - How do I clean my coins?
- I have tried everything. The only thing that CLEANS my coins and LASTS is a salt and vinegar solution (some people suggest Ketchup, but that is because the vinegar in that cleans them).
#5 - Buttercoin, Yes or No?
- The answer is Yes and No. Some are bad and some are good. The manufacturing of this coin was terrible, so some people get amazing ones and some people get terrible ones.
#6 - The Raven, should I get it?
- If you want to be a coin worker, get the Raven. You may not use it all the time, but you NEED to understand how it works and what it does. You need to know how to use it.
#7 - Hopping Halves, should I get it?
- Yes, but not the Sasco or Sterling version. They utilize a milled down "item" (to prohibit exposure) as opposed to the Expanded "item" that Johnson utilizes. The quality of the actual sun moon coin is also low quality in the Sasco and Sterling Versions.
#8 - What is the Muscle Pass and can anyone perform it?
- There are plenty of descriptions of this on various websites, including Dan Watkin's www.coinvanish.com
. It is where, through various muscle manipulation you can cause the coin to "fly up" from a classic palm position. Can people do this? Yes...but it takes much training for some.
#9 - How do I get my folding coin ([b]any
folding coin) to function better?[/b]
- Use 2 bands instead of one. It will cause it to flip better and quicker.
#10 - Who are/were the world's best coin manipulators?
- Roth, Downs, Bobo, Slydini, Micky Silver, Hoosier.
- And some other predominate mentions - Kam, Rubinstein, Fitch, Kenner, McClintock, Neighbors, Watkins, etc.
This is just some of the REDUNDANT questions I have seen on this forum, and so I thought I would post this. I thank you and good day.