View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Different types of TT!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:38 am 
Penguin

Ok I typed this once and it all got deleted lol. Page could not be displayed it said. So now im just going to do this quickly. I use D lites and of corse a normal Vernet soft TT. Recently I have done some research on Magnetic TT, and the flame TT (sorry dont know what that one is really called) Anyway I was just curious if anyone has tried these, and could give me some info if these are any good or not. I was thinking about ordering both, but im pretty broke so now when I order new magic material I try and make sure its something really good. Anyways if someone could get back to me on this I would appriciate it. Thanks alot. BTW sorry if this topic has already been brought up, but I couldnt find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:16 pm 
born to perform.

Can't tell you about the thumb flame tricks, (I know of one by Vernet and one called "Thumb Thing; but have used neither). But as far as the magnetic TTs go, I'd suggest getting some NdFeB ("Rare Earth") magnets and attaching it to the inside of a Vernet Soft TT wherever is comfortable and/or works best for what you have planned regarding its use. Rather than gluing it, use some wax. That should hold it in place well enough during use, makes the positioning changeable and allows you to remove the magnet and use the TT as you normally would. Not only would it be cheaper than buying a magnetic TT, but, as I said, it would be more customizable and can be used without the magnet. You can find Rare Earth magnets online or, if you just want a couple without the cost of shipping, drop by your local Radio Shack. They usually have a few different sizes and, depending on the size you choose, they usually cost under $3 for a pack of three to five magnets. The Rare Earth magnets are small, but EXTREMELY strong.

Also, whenever the battery for your D'Lites dies, some people would suggest replacing the battery. I think that's more trouble than it's worth. Buy new D'Lites and use the soft TTs from the D'Lites as a regular TT or for making your own custom TT product, (like a magnetic one)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:15 pm 
Penguin

Thanks alot for the tip bud. Ill deffinitely do that then. I was actually planning on getting new D lites. I got green and I hear they arent as bright as red or blue. Ill deffinitely check radio shack for those magnets though. Thanks for the tip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:39 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Burleson , Texas , stop buying every new trick and Read some bloody books
I went to a local hardware store and got these awsome super magnets , and they are the size of a penny, and can move stuff throgh thick tables they are amazing perfect for tts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:21 am 
born to perform.

kalidor1 wrote:
Thanks alot for the tip bud. Ill deffinitely do that then. I was actually planning on getting new D lites. I got green and I hear they arent as bright as red or blue. Ill deffinitely check radio shack for those magnets though. Thanks for the tip.

For the record, red is the best color d'lite. Brightest and gets the best reactions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:48 am 
Emperor Penguin

actually blue are the brightest, i got mine last night and found my through my dark house with them. the reds barely glow. at least the ones i had a while back, but ive noticed they changed the desing on them, they arent as cheap, my old red ones came apart after about a month of practicing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:50 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
amcworth wrote:
I went to a local hardware store and got these awsome super magnets , and they are the size of a penny, and can move stuff throgh thick tables they are amazing perfect for tts

How much do they cost?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:55 pm 
born to perform.

LordLanceIII wrote:
For the record, red is the best color d'lite. Brightest and gets the best reactions.

I respectfully disagree. The reds are best in low-light situations. The white D'Lites are brighter than the red and you can grab "white" light from practically anywhere. However, my favorite D'Lites are the blue ones. They can be used in practically any lighting situation and are bright and highly visible. Gotta go with the blues. The blue D'Lites are the brightest I've seen, (I have red, color-changing (red to green), white, blues and color morph).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:51 pm 
Penguin

Would D-lights be a good choice for the next magic trick to get?