View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Using the IT
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:48 am 
Penguin

I need some advice on whats good to perform and not good to perform using the IT. I can float the dollar, spinning quarter, ect..... Looking for new ideas and must haves. Also, how close can a spec be if preforming your idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:17 pm 
Penguin

I saw something with T going into mouth and then end attached to a tiny glowstick. The tongue was used to move it. The glowstick with low lighting looked fabulous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:11 pm 
born to perform.

How about floating a cork.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:23 pm 
born to perform.

I've always liked to push a match or toothpick down on a line of IT until the tension is really tight, then let go and it flings across the room. It uses the anchor-hookup from floating dollar bill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:02 pm 
Penguin

i wonder if you can float D'Lites...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:25 pm 
born to perform.

they make a d'lite floating gimmick, I don't care too much for d'lites, but if I ever use them I will def get the floating gimmick as well. I think its a very useful thing they thought of for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:57 am 
Penguin

I'm not into D'Lites. Not saying it's no good, just not for me. Where can i get a real good thread reel??? Penguin hasn't had any in a while. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:10 pm 
born to perform.

get jon leclare's Who's Afraid of Invisible thread, sold here at penguin for around $40. It is a great teaching dvd for the IT, teaching loads of routines including: a version of the rising card deck, a version of the haunted deck, levitating ring on pen, floating dollar bill, and much much more. You should check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:20 pm 
Penguin

varjak_paw wrote:
get jon leclare's Who's Afraid of Invisible thread, sold here at penguin for around $40. It is a great teaching dvd for the IT, teaching loads of routines including: a version of the rising card deck, a version of the haunted deck, levitating ring on pen, floating dollar bill, and much much more. You should check it out.
Thanx, does it come with a reel??? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:20 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
Thanx, does it come with a reel??? :)

I don't think so it all seems pretty much like reg. hook ups but just some clever ideas on how to present the T to living people.
I would have to voice my opinion on the reel: the reel takes away from a certain kind of "realism" from IT and that is the fact that you need slack from the IT to float a dollar upwards with tension brought on by you the performer, you know what I mean, and the reel is a sorda fixed with tension already so that might not look to good. But I'm pretty sure that with enough time and effort you could find ways of making it work and look good. But that's only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. (I myself would never buy a reel unless I had an idea about what to us it for first.) :D