View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Eye of the Tiger???
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:53 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 45
hii!
just got introduced to the "Eye of the Tiger" and putting in some pratice for it.

But i wanted to ask, is it a good trick to perform in the streets?
Or to someone who wants me to do some other magic than cards and coins???

thanks...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:01 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 2571
i think eye of the tiger is one of the worst instant downloads on the site...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:28 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 3289
Location: The Shire
Well, it's kinda stupid to just do that one trick with a rope and then put it away. If you know other rope tricks, then you can put eye of the tiger into a rope routine.

I'd suggest buying Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. The book is about 20 dollars and has 500 tricks inside dealing with tons of stuff other than coins and cards. Eye of the Tiger is taught in the book (along with other rope tricks).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: thanks...
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:21 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 45
i wanted to put it in my routine so thats y i just asked.

anyways yep i am once again beginning to collect some pocket money to buy the DVD u said. it was already recommended by someone to me.

anyways thanks a lot for those who replied

have fun!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: thanks...
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
gskkesavan wrote:
i wanted to put it in my routine so thats y i just asked.

anyways yep i am once again beginning to collect some pocket money to buy the DVD u said. it was already recommended by someone to me.

anyways thanks a lot for those who replied

have fun!


He never mentioned a DVD... Mark Wilsons Complete Course in Magic, Is a BOOK.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:32 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 45
oh.. i thought it was a dvd.
but that doesn't matter to me because i just want to buy it.]

thanks for the correction though


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:59 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
gskkesavan wrote:
oh.. i thought it was a dvd.
but that doesn't matter to me because i just want to buy it.]

thanks for the correction though


Glad that you still want to buy it. 8)
Many wont buy it because its a book.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:52 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 06 May 2007
Posts: 24
i learned it from Daryl's Rope Magic dvds great set of rope magic dvds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:39 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 45
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
gskkesavan wrote:
oh.. i thought it was a dvd.
but that doesn't matter to me because i just want to buy it.]

thanks for the correction though


Glad that you still want to buy it. 8)
Many wont buy it because its a book.


but to me.. the point is learning and it doesn't matter whether its a dvd or a book :)

thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 May 2005
Posts: 1630
Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
gskkesavan wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
gskkesavan wrote:
oh.. i thought it was a dvd.
but that doesn't matter to me because i just want to buy it.]

thanks for the correction though


Glad that you still want to buy it. 8)
Many wont buy it because its a book.


but to me.. the point is learning and it doesn't matter whether its a dvd or a book :)

thanks


That's great that you think that way. So many people for some reason don't like books, and will only get DVDs. It's silly, don't ever think that way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 123
Location: Chicago, Illinois
I personally prefer DVDs because its more convenient, but i wont boycott something because its not a DVD. It is just easier to see it being done and explained in person. Also, DVDs tend to be more expensive. I dont think people should buy DVDs just because they're too lazy to read.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:05 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 265
Location: Missippi
i think i get more out of books, alot more information. alot cheaper too


i just ordered mark wilson's complete course in magic, for 75 cents! thats wwhat you call bargain hunting.. ha. i am ready for it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Apr 2007
Posts: 1482
Location: Here
Flameheadboy wrote:
i think i get more out of books, alot more information. alot cheaper too


i just ordered mark wilson's complete course in magic, for 75 cents! thats wwhat you call bargain hunting.. ha. i am ready for it


Hey, mine was almost the same price! It's used, but in decent condition.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:28 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 1722
Location: Canada
Since we seem to be talking about the contrast between DVDs and books, I think I'll butt in.

I like DVDs because I get to see things being done right in front of me. However, I don't like having to stare at a screen for ages. I also like books because I can lie down and relax as I read it. in any case, both have advantages.

Just felt like sharing.

~Z


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:19 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Apr 2007
Posts: 1482
Location: Here
I don't get what the point of this trick is. I watched the video and i'm like is this supposed to be a magic trick :?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.