View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ideas for a 2 person cups and balls?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:41 am 
Penguin

My friend and I end up doing a lot of our gigs together and I was trying to come up with an interesting way to have two people on two sets of cups doing a cups and balls routine together(he has penguin cups and I have a pretty nice set of alluminums). He has blue knit balls and I have red, so I think it would work well to have us switching back and forth between sets and making balls change places. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also, should I have my friend post this in the penguin cups PO forum so people can talk about specifics that would be considered exposure in this forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:13 am 
born to perform.

Location: Maybe it's this long so I can put my entire address, incase anyone sends free stuff, send stuff HERE
Hey,

I'm not sure how you could necessarily do passes during the routine, but you could both start with one or two of each others, then do something like a color monte... he shows all blue, you show all red (even if you don't really have it) and then switch and show how you both have all the opposites and there are other stuff, too. See if you can find a blue/red ball or something else tricky to have at the end. Like... end up with his watch and he can end up with your ring or something. You could really have fun with this. For specifics, I would definitely say to go ahead and post in the penguin cups forum, as well.

-Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 am 

The color transfers are the easy part. There's nothing that says his ball has to appear under your cup, just a ball of his color. The basic procedure is a natural for this.

You might want to look at Dominique Duvivier and see the routine he does with his daughter. Two people, one set of cups. They switch off each time challenging the other to match or beat their moves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:05 pm 
born to perform.

This sounds really cool. Pen and Teller does it but they expose it after. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:42 pm 
Penguin

i don't know if this will help but penn and teller have done a two person cups and ball routine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHXQRdjLzL0