View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TT
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:57 pm 
Penguin

check with HANK LEES MAGIC he sells a TT made in france very real looking for about $30.00 but worth it if you work with it alot you have to have a measurment to get the right fit 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Depends entirely on the size of your thumb, and what you want to accomplish with it.

Having a tip too big will allow you to perform different effects. One too small will allow for others. Ultimately though, you want the TT to be easily diched. Size plays a big role in that.

Hard tips are great for some effect, soft are better for others. Some effects can only be performed with one versus the other. There really is no better TT. Use the right tool for the right job.

8)

Post subject: Re: TT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:53 pm 
born to perform.

kfxl59 wrote:
check with HANK LEES MAGIC he sells a TT made in france very real looking for about $30.00 but worth it if you work with it alot you have to have a measurment to get the right fit 8)

Actually, the "Fredi-Up" TT mentioned in the very first post in this string is actually the one to which you are referring; so he's already got one.

I've got a couple of the Fredi-Up TTs. The first I bought when I first heard of them. A little of the gloss on the nail came off the first one I have; but I chew my nails and the TT isn't any worse than my actual nails. It's an amazingly realistic TT with a larger load space than any of my other TTs.

My second Fredi-Up, purchased more than a year after the first, was built a little different. Seems like they've improved on the model a bit. If you get caught wearing a Fredi-Up, then you should give up TT work. That thing looks amazing.

Since our friend who started this string already has a Fredi-Up that he's had problems with, I wouldn't recommend spending that much money on another one; though I would wager he won't have the same trouble with the newer models.

Beyond the Fredi-Up, I would say the choice of TT depends entirely on personal style, comfort and use. I utilize several different ones. The most versatile one I'd have to say is the Vernet Soft. It's hard enough to use in more traditional/classic illusions and bill switches; but it's softer, slightly flexible and tapered on the edge so it's comfortable. The load size in the Vernet Soft is 6mm larger than the standard Vernet without looking or feeling like an "extra large" or "king" size TT. I'd say that the Vernet Soft will give one the most bang for their buck. Can't beat it!!