View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cigarette Magic
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:52 pm 
Penguin

Could someone recomend some good resources (book and/or video) for cigarette magic? Things like vanishes and reapperances etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:21 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Tom Mullica is the master at cigarette magic. Check out hsi routine on YouTube... it's awesome and disgusting at the same time... but mostly awesome. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:39 pm 
born to perform.

TT :D

well, thats all i got~tehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Also, a simple TT vanish can be pretty effective, and if you have a TT, you don't really need any instructions; it's pretty straightforward. A tip I have is put alluminum foil or a wet paper towel in the bottom of the TT so it will extinguish before you do the vanish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:39 pm 
born to perform.

Try Googling "Expert Cigarette Magic Made Easy" (Tom Mullica) and "The Encyclopedia of Cigarette Tricks" (Keith Clark). There are many, many individual gimmicked cigarette tricks available as dealer items, but if you want a learning resource that will give you a solid base of cigarette sleights, go with those two sources.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:50 pm 
Penguin

Because I'm a smoker and a magician, I fool around with a lot of ciggarette magic. But I am having trouble finding a literary resource for ciggarette magic and an apperance for a lit cigarette, the couple apperance I do know can only be done with an unlit ciggarette. Any suggestions? Are the references listed above good for these types of appearances?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:30 am 
Emperor Penguin

dennskymcfish wrote:
Because I'm a smoker and a magician, I fool around with a lot of ciggarette magic. But I am having trouble finding a literary resource for ciggarette magic and an apperance for a lit cigarette, the couple apperance I do know can only be done with an unlit ciggarette. Any suggestions? Are the references listed above good for these types of appearances?

Keith Clark's book is the way to go. As for appearing a lit cigarette, there are gimmicks out there that will accomplish that. Some are still available like a simple Lit Cigarette Producer.

However you do have a limited amount of time to make the production.

Then there are electronic methods which are taught in the book. However, most of those gimmicks (droppers, holders, etc) are no longer on the market which means you are going to need to make them yourself, or have someone do it for you.

The good thing to know, is most of the stuff is pretty basic in terms of inner working so for the handy person, can be made with little difficulty.

8)