View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Post your cups and balls collection.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

This was a thread over at the Cafe, so I thought it would be fun to do it here also. Post your cups and balls collection. The collection does not have to consist of sets bought at a magic store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Here is my collection of cups I have aquired over the past year. I only have 2 true sets of cups, one being the Bazar De Magia aluminums in the middle and my Pool Chop Cup by Stephane Bourgoin.

Others include, from top left: Frankenstein, Large tennis ball; USA coffee mug(unchopped, but soon to be chopped).

Second Row; Martini glass(will be made similar to Latimer's cups); Bazar cups with 8 tennis ball final loads, and steel ball bearing worker balls(sometimes), and tiny ball bearing final load(similar to John Mendoza's penny load); other martini glass (I should point out that the bottom green part has a recess that holds 1/2 inch worker balls comfortably).

Third row: Yatzee dice cup with small tennis ball final loads; Bicycle dice cup with full size tennis ball final load and full shot glass final load(not shown); ! of 2 plastic cups found in magic kit from Walmart with orange ball final load.

Fourth row: Bazar worker balls; Pool Chop Cup by Stephane Bourgoin with shot glass; Creamer Packets from Denny's; Small Plastic cup from Target dollar section(part of a set of 3 but the kids stole 2 of them and the balls, which were mini pompoms).

I have more loads and bowls and cups but didn't have room for them and couldn't find them because of the kids.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:40 pm 
born to perform.

Should my digital camera decide to let me take pictures, I will, but here's a list of what I own:

Cups:

-Bazar di Magia Aluminum Cups
-Magic Set Cups (small, black plastic)
-A leather cup I chopped (not well made, but I lost my old one)

Loads:

-4 Crocheted Balls provided with the Bazar's
-4 Mouse Balls (Chop Cup Working Balls)
-3 Lacrosse Balls (fit the Bazar's)

And a Telic Stage wand.

Wanting to buy
-Probably getting a set of copper Morrisey's soon, and possibly a chopped dice cup from the Ambitious Card
-Mini tennis balls and a larger ball to fit the cups.

I want to do an Ammar style routine, with 4 different loads at the end, all different and incongruous from the working balls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:12 pm 
born to perform.

Ammar's routine is AWESOME. I learned it from a Stevens Magic DVD (which I would NOT recommend for reasons like the bad explanations; only Ammar's was good).
I love to perform this routine, but I have lately just been working on making it my own! :x That is the one thing I have THE MOST trouble with; making other people's effects my own.

Anyway, I just have a set of Johnson Cups (LOVE THEM), some crappy Empire cups, and the Pool Chop Cup (LOVE IT TOO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:37 pm 

Far left:
Tim Star Master Chop Cup Goblet(sold since this pic was taken)

Small cups left to right:
Jim Riser Innocent Minis
Magic Fakers brass minis sold by Penguin
(I wanted to see if they were as bad as people said. They are)
Gary Animal Golf Cups (my favorite for PK Ring Chop Cups)

Middle row, taller cups
Gary Animal Babes
Morrissey Combo Cups
Mega thick copper Gary Animal Loves behind Morrisseys (my favorites. Perfect size and shape. One cups weighs as much as the entire Morrissey set put together)

Far right, Magic Inc Charlie Miller cups

Towering over everything:
Pete Biro Galli Galli cups

Not shown:
RnT2 Church Bronze Mini Monti's (coming soon)

In front of them all are handmade (by me) Monkey Fist balls, Starsinic Felt balls, Tim Star T-Ball and two sets of shells, one SfS the other real walnuts.

Wand in the back was a gift from Tabman many years ago. It's a "pocket" wand only 8" long made of black walnut with brass tips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:07 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You know Dave, with the cos tof copper right now, you could make a pretty penny selling those to recycling centers. I kid, I kid. Nice collection you have there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:38 am 
born to perform.

Dave, how many years of collecting is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:08 am 
born to perform.

1) bazar de magia aluminum cups.

2) Gary Animal's Gazzo cups version 2 (the ones with the bigger bottom....well top).

3) the Magic Maker's chrome plastic ones which SUCK!!!! Read my review in the trick review section ( I could not find it).

4) colorful cups and balls - these are good, much better then the magic makers one and cheaper.

That is it.

Ben Winter