View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How is this show??
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:24 am 
Team Penguin

I couldnt find a parlour section on here so I guess Il put it here. what do you guys think of this show.

-Introduction from Magic Enhancer

-Water to Ice (Rocco style)
-Sugar packet pour with sugar packet restoration (I pour out an entire pack of sugar and then stick the ripped pack into my fist and then the sugar is back into the pack and the pack is restored)

-My version of gary Norsigians snap back card

-Ambitious card (I might go into my version of nathan kranzo's new trick pimpin)
-Rocky raccoon

-Charming Chinese Challenge

-Eye sight (It is a mentalism routine where your audience asures you tapped a spectator on stage 10 times but they only say you tapped them 5. Then you tap them on the palm and ask them how many times you tapped them on the palm but you apparently hypnotize them to forget how many times it was and they cant remember it)

-PK Touches (I call somebody up to help out with the third phase of the above)

-Bill/Silk/bottle production manipulation. (You borrow a bill from anyone in the audience, roll up the bill, and then make it vanish completely. then as you take the bow, the bill appears in your fingertips. you put it up the nose and sneeze it out. do a tap vanish with it. Make it appear from an empty silk, as you give it back to the audience member, a bottle visually appears in the silk and they can keep it.)

So what do you guys think about this show?? its approximetely 35 minutes

Last edited by girspiggy on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:48 am 
born to perform.

How many people are you performing for, and is it a stand up performance? I love PK touches, I use it everywhere - nice choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:04 pm 

It sounds like Eye Sight and PK touches are too similar to have both in a single show. I'd lose one or the other. Otherwise the combination of the two will drag it out too long and you'll lose any momentum you've built up to that point.

I'd lose the entire last section. Vague drug references are distasteful and have no place in a magic act. And giving it back to the spectator? GROSS! Don't make them regret having allowed you to show them some magic.

I can't suggest something else for your finale as I don't know what you have, but please find some other way to close your show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:35 pm 
born to perform.

Keep PK touches, get rid of Eye Sight.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you are tying the two into one routine. You can use both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:19 pm 
Team Penguin

OK. Ive added rocky between ambitious card and charming chinese challenge so I have more of a real transition. Ive removed all drug references as well as licking it. I will just roll up the bill, and it will be gone. eye sight is really a 3 phase routine but I made it sound like a 2 phase. It really is the tapping and making the audience confused, then the hypnotizing the spectator, and then the transition from that to PK is a small patter that connects them so it really seems like 1 whole routine. If I can get it on camera you would all understand completely. its basically a build on. its small, medium, then large, large being the transfer of energy between two people supported by my presentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:45 pm 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
OK. Ive added rocky between ambitious card and charming chinese challenge so I have more of a real transition. Ive removed all drug references as well as licking it. I will just roll up the bill, and it will be gone. eye sight is really a 3 phase routine but I made it sound like a 2 phase. It really is the tapping and making the audience confused, then the hypnotizing the spectator, and then the transition from that to PK is a small patter that connects them so it really seems like 1 whole routine. If I can get it on camera you would all understand completely. its basically a build on. its small, medium, then large, large being the transfer of energy between two people supported by my presentation.

So are you doing ACR like on a stage or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:30 pm 
Team Penguin

kind of. its more like a 60 person room and Im on a platform. basically it is a room with a platform in front and 10 rows on each side. there is an aisle and another 10 rows. each has maybe 5 seats in it. its small enough so everyone can see it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:49 pm 
born to perform.

That's WAAAY too much material for 35 minutes. To get that many effects crammed into half an hour, you pretty much have to rush through everything. My advice is to cut out half of the material, leaving in the best stuff, and then you'll be able to relax and make each piece as entertaining as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:24 pm 
Team Penguin

MichaelKras wrote:
That's WAAAY too much material for 35 minutes. To get that many effects crammed into half an hour, you pretty much have to rush through everything. My advice is to cut out half of the material, leaving in the best stuff, and then you'll be able to relax and make each piece as entertaining as possible.
Some of them are small effects that dont take too much time. maybe I can cut out rocky but all of what I do is my best stuff that really hit home. some are more amusing for the audience then others but that lets the audience have a fun time. there are stunning effects and effects that make people smile and enjoy it. some really crazy and some light and enjoyable. thats what I tr to get with my audience. plus the place lets me have an hour a performance so if something does happen I can get a good glimpse of what everything else might be like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:43 pm 
Penguin

I like it. But be flexible enough that if a trick drags on or something happens you can drop something so that you don't run over, or do not get a chance to close the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:34 pm 
Team Penguin

PatrickS wrote:
I like it. But be flexible enough that if a trick drags on or something happens you can drop something so that you don't run over, or do not get a chance to close the show.
Im 100% sure my show is flexible enough. If I were to do each trick without presentation or patter, It would be about 30-35 minutes. then If I add my presentation its around 45 minutes or so if I cut choosing spectators and making jokes and everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:42 pm 
Penguin

Okay I was just putting that out there. Sounds like a good show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:00 am 
Team Penguin

well I better hold this thought because Im not legally alloud to work yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:15 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
How many people are you performing for, and is it a stand up performance? I love PK touches, I use it everywhere - nice choice.

This makes all of the difference... If you're performing for a lot of people, go for it, but not as many, then you might want to change it...