View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Yigal Mesika: Mesika Magic: SPIDER PEN PRO
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:26 pm 
Penguin

Hello everyone! I just wanted to thank those of you who had a chance to stop by our booth at the IBM/SAM 2008 combined convention in Louisville, KY and pre-ordered our new Spider Pen Pro. Unfortunately we were only able to take pre-orders on 100 pieces, and have since then completely sold out. So, if you were one of the lucky folks to order the item in time, you should be receiving your unit in the next couple weeks.

We will be posting a video of the convention as well, so that everyone can view a demo of the product, however it will not be ready until after we have replenished our supply, and the item is available for sale once again.

Since 2004, the Original Spider Pen has been an incredible success with magicians all around the world; introducing the idea to the magic community. There have been many improvements in technology from its initial release though, which have otherwise allowed me to implement new, advanced features that would not have been available at that time. This is why I have decided to include them in my new Spider Pen Pro.

The big additions on the new Spider Pen Pro are a power saving function with a longer-lasting battery, plus a remote control and toe-switch feature. With the toe-switch, you will be able to remotely perform with hands free operation over 30 ft. away; all the while with no suspicious movements or hand gestures. This will allow you to focus on your performance, instead of where your thread is located. Levitate a dollar bill or other small object; making it raise or fall under your command. Or, try our new "Dancing Effect" feature, and have it jump up and down as though it were possessed (much like Fred Kaps' dancing cork or Kevin James' floating rose).

Like our Original Spider Pen, the Spider Pen Pro also uses the same Spider Spools which many online retailers already carry. Just place one spool one top of the pen, and you're ready to perform.

As I mentioned before, the pre-orders for the Spider Pen Pro have completely sold out, though we will certainly keep you updated as to when they will be ready for sale once more. Here's an ad that we created for the item, and should answer a lot of your questions, though you can always email us through the website at: http://www.YigalMesika.Com

Sincerely,
Yigal Mesika

P.S.: For those of you who were at the convention, it would be much appreciated if you might be able to give your sincere, initial opinions on the Spider Pen Pro for those who missed it.

The advertisement may by viewed by visiting this link:
http://www.yigalmesika.com/Forum/SpiderPenAd.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:08 pm 
Team Penguin

It looks good. Ive been curious though... does it actually write?? lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
It looks good. Ive been curious though... does it actually write?? lol.

I assume that it does not; though I do not know.
But, really...does it matter? It shouldn't.
I've got one of the original Spider Pens and no one has ever asked to inspect the pen in my pocket or asked to borrow it to write with. I carry a pen and/or a Sharpie on me almost always anyhow and any writing needed for anything else has utilized real, working pens.
Shoot...I have Hot Rod Pens that I perform with all the time. They actually write; but it has only been used to write with once and that's because I was in a meeting and my boss was sitting next to me without a pen and asked to borrow my 'extra' pen to jot down some notes.
I handed him my pen and used the Hot Rod Pen for my own notes.
No big whoop. As magicians, we should certainly know how to misdirect, switch-out or force a working pen to our spectators to preserve our 'magical' pens and pen-like devices. And as a magician, why would you want to use a prop or utility device as a writing utensil? Seems to increase your chances of breaking the device all to jot stuff down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:58 pm 
born to perform.

Yigal...

This looks VERY nice. I would definitely like to have one.
I like the fact that it utilizes existing Spider Pen reels. Very nice.
When will these be widely available, (or how can I get one now/soon)?
Also, what will be the suggested/general retail cost of the item?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:09 pm 
Penguin

looks cool, i want one...

Post subject: Spider Pro Pen - conventio order
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:53 pm 
Penguin

I paid for a pen at the convention. This month is all most over and I have not received my pen. How do I check to see when it will be sent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:59 pm 
Penguin

Yigal announced they are delayed due to a problem sourcing one of the components from China. They should be ready late November.

I don't know when the second wave will be arriving, I'm interested in buying one but the preorders are all sold out.

Does anyone know how the thread strength compares to an ITR? I sent Yigal an e-mail a while ago but he's pretty bad at replying to e-mails....