View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vernet Thumbtip - Regular or Soft or Kingsize
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:21 am 
born to perform.

Okay.

Which one would you guys suggest.

I have big hands, but skinny fingers. Will kingsize be too big?

What's the difference between using soft or regular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:38 pm 
born to perform.

I like the classic tt the best. You should buy a soft and a classic and use the one that you like best.

A soft tt is better for coins and a classic is better for the bill switch and sponge products.

A king size is only longer than your regular tt. I don't use it for every day thumb tiping. I use it only if I'm going to make goldfish appear or vanish my 4 2" spongeballs.

Thumb tips are great. Enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:04 am 
born to perform.

TT's are pretty inexpensive. Do yourself a favor and get one classic, and one soft. The soft isn't "squishy" soft, but it has a little more "give" then the classic.

I have several of the classic, and several of the soft. Often it depends on what I'm doing as to which tip I use.

Get both and see which you like best. Not to mention, you'll have a spare should the need arise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:49 pm 
Penguin

I got the full vernett range a while ago just to have a look.

The classic and the soft are almost the same; the soft is a little more flexible, tapered, and is slightly longer. The kingsize is longer still. They are all 22mm diameter. The classic is 50mm long, the soft is 53mm, and the kingsize is 60mm long.

If you have very skinny fingers, there is the junior which is 49mm long with a 20mm diameter.

They are all pretty much the same color, the soft in my pocket looks a different shade but I can't really say as this is my cigarette vanisher...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:33 pm 
born to perform.

I got the Vernet soft Tip, it was too big! I read in the 101 Tricks with a TT book that some TT can be molded under hot water...well...my TT melted!! :oops:

Is there really only a 2mm difference in diametre? The one I got fits fine when I put it on, although the base pertrudes alot! But with a load, it does not fit!

I am a bit dissapointed. I know you can do amazing things, but maybe my hands are just too skinny! I also got my D'Lites! The fit, but not as nicely as you see on the demo video. I did the D'Lite sequence in the mirror, and If I control how I show my hands, I can pull it off.

I think with the TT and the 2 D'Lites I just got (one of my Christmas gifts - well I was given the money to what I want), I am very dissapointed. I got them from a soth african online shop and they don't sell much.

again, will 2 mm make that big a difference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:43 am 
born to perform.

I was advised to try and use a finger tip instead...can you pass a Finger Tip off as a TT?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:56 am 
Penguin

Use the junior TT, 2mm diameter difference is bigger than you think. You may have to go with a finger tip but I think the junior will be OK, seeing as you can use a d'lite.

I use the junior as my day to day tt... My soft and classic are both padded with surgical tape around the entrance to keep them on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:36 am 
born to perform.

Does anyone else have the problem where the base of the D'Lite pertrudes a bit. I think the D'Lite is very cool and can add some good value to your performance. I take it the junior version of the D'Lite will also have about 2 mm difference. If it was not for the gimmick inside, The D'Lite would not have fit me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:53 pm 
Penguin

I'm not sure about the dimensions of d'lite TTs. I'm sure they're not exactly the same as vernett's.

My fingers are fairly small, not as small as yours though, d'lites fit fine and the junior TT is pretty tight. If you find a TT is too loose then you can get surgical tape and apply it to the inside which takes another couple of millimetres off the diameter.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:16 pm 
born to perform.

WV wrote:
I was advised to try and use a finger tip instead...can you pass a Finger Tip off as a TT?

They say that some pros have used colored TT's, so I'd say that you can get away with a fingertip :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:28 pm 
born to perform.

salmononius2 wrote:
WV wrote:

They say that some pros have used colored TT's, so I'd say that you can get away with a fingertip :D .

No you can't. A finger tip doesn't work like a TT at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:36 am 
Penguin

ayli wrote:
No you can't. A finger tip doesn't work like a TT at all.

Errm, yes it does. A FT is just like a TT but slimmer, I think you're thinking about a sixth finger.

Vernet do a finger tip and a little finger tip. The finger tip is 20mmx51mm and the little finger tip is 17mmx45mm, they don't get much smaller than that. It's quite a tight fit on my fingers and much to small to use on my thumbs. So if you really do have skeletal fingers WV, you can get the inky dinky little finger tip. Bear in mind that the FTs are styled differently to the TTs, it's a different mould so they could look out of place (although if it's used properly that doesn't matter).

My advice is get a selection of tips, cost up ones you're considering and compare the price with the vernet finger tip set,

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=8785

which has TTs and FTs. Half of the TTs will be fairly useless to you but I'm sure you could think of something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:54 pm 
Penguin

I have a fingertip and use it as a TT and it is just great. It's pretty tight around my thumb and is just really secure in a way that it won't fall off. Highly recommended

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:42 am 
Team Penguin

I have long skinny fingers as well...and TONS of tt's...but the best by far for me for the past 5 years has been the King-Size...it's no wider than a normal tip...it's just a bit longer, therefore you can hold bigger loads, and smaller loads allow the tip to fit over your whole thumb comfortably.

I use it in every show and I always have one in my pocket ready for a bill switch for those sudden "Show me a trick" moments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:35 pm 
Team Penguin

KyletheGreat wrote:
I have long skinny fingers as well...and TONS of tt's...but the best by far for me for the past 5 years has been the King-Size...it's no wider than a normal tip...it's just a bit longer, therefore you can hold bigger loads, and smaller loads allow the tip to fit over your whole thumb comfortably.

I use it in every show and I always have one in my pocket ready for a bill switch for those sudden "Show me a trick" moments.

Oh. I didn't know that the King Sized weren't any wider. That's cool! Thanks for the info!