View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Card to Wallet
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:33 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys, I was hoping you could help me out on this one.

For awhile now I've been contemplating buying a good CTW. The one thing keeping me from doing so is the ridiculous size of all of them! I need a no palm CTW (thats probably the biggest problem). The one i'm looking at as of now is the Hip Pocket Mullica, but even that is quite large. Are there any out there that are "normal" sized? The 1800's have passed, checkbook wallets are long gone. Anything for the new century?

-Blake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:46 pm 

You don't see too many No Palm wallets smaller than the Hip Pocket Mullica. For a No Palm to work comfortably, it needs to be a good size longer than the cards to cover the work. Why do you have an aversion to Palming wallets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:00 pm 
Penguin

Small Hands :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 pm 

That's easy to work around. Misdirection. No one should ever be looking at your hands when you're palming. Not to mention, you're hands will grow into your magic. Either way, Jerry O'connell has some great wallets. I'm about to buy another one and I'll probably go for his. I have his Small Plus Wallet, which is meant for a coat, so it doesn't match what you're looking for, but the No Palm works great and the Palm side is even better. I think he has a smaller No Palm wallet, but I don't know what size it is. I'm looking at the Mesika Wallet right now, but that's a little expensive and wouldn't look right for a younger guy.

On a side note, if you're only worried about hand size, you can always Mercury Fold the card before going to the wallet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pm 
born to perform.

Exodus is right, if you are really afraid of palming just mercury card fold it and load it that way. If you have no problem doing that, then I HIGHLY recommend the Royal Card to Wallet. Even thought Royal doesn't know how to make quality magic effects, they KNOW how to make a wallet! I have a Royal wallet myself and the load feature is real easy (folded or not), it has 9 (yes 9!) credit card slots, and it made of high quality SOFT leather. You can't ask for a better wallet, especially at its price. You can get the wallet here - http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=6858 .

Now, if you aren't into palming or MF the card then I suggest the Hip Pocket Bombshell for you. It is a hip pocket sized wallet with a no palm feature. BUT, the loading of the card is a bit "fishy". For more info on this wallet check out my review - http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... +bombshell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:58 pm 
born to perform.

I have the Modifier and it's very good. It is a palm wallet though.

For a LONG time I used Mark Mason's Mirage Wallet. It's a great no palm CTW. You should check that out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:56 am 
born to perform.

magicman4646 wrote:

If you are talking about Tony Miller's "Modifier"...I own one as well. It can be used to adapt most any wallet to CTW. There are other advantages to the "Modifier" like using it as a money clip. It's a beautiful piece, that's extremely well made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:46 pm 
born to perform.

bLiNdSiDe wrote:
magicman4646 wrote:

If you are talking about Tony Miller's "Modifier"...I own one as well. It can be used to adapt most any wallet to CTW. There are other advantages to the "Modifier" like using it as a money clip. It's a beautiful piece, that's extremely well made.

I am talking about that, and I agree with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:07 pm 
Team Penguin

hehehe..I do a no palm card to wallet...and without a gimmicked wallet...the concept is really simple...never been caught, and It's my fav. trick to do for walk-around events.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:12 am 
born to perform.

the palming versions are usually better because the wallet never touch the deck of cards. why are people so god darn scared of palming a card anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:46 am 
Team Penguin

my wallet never touches the deck of cards either....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:26 pm 
born to perform.

There is a great version on the "Michael Ammar - Easy To Master Card Miracles Volume 3". It requires no palming! The wallet also never touches the cards. The chosen card is even riped up (the spec gets to keep a piece of the corner) and then the card ends up restored in your wallet (minus the piece the spec is holding). No palming needed and you get a double kicker by restoring the card. You can also youse your own wallet (it is a non gimmicked wallet). I would post a performance on YouTube, but I am not confident yet and might expose the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:35 pm 

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of the added kicker to Ammar's routine. The card appears somewhere else restored? That makes as much sense as the card not only appearing restored, but the back has changed color. If the corner was torn off and then the rest of the card changed into the credit card, it's be much stronger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:49 pm 
born to perform.

Whys is everyone posting "and the deck never touches the wallet" as if it is a bad thing, if I were strolling and needed to take my wallet out, that is how it would be anyway..

I have the JOL Plus small, it's really good, just see waht exodus wrote. However I only really use that for two things, other wise just use a normal wallet and a double backer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:06 am 
born to perform.

4_6 wrote:
Whys is everyone posting "and the deck never touches the wallet" as if it is a bad thing, if I were strolling and needed to take my wallet out, that is how it would be anyway..

I have the JOL Plus small, it's really good, just see waht exodus wrote. However I only really use that for two things, other wise just use a normal wallet and a double backer.

because it IS a bad thing since it makes the trick look less impossible, or more possible... the wallet shouldn't be close to the deck of cards, have you read darwin ortiz strong magic?, if not you should, he writes a lot about wich conditions that matters to laypeople.

Martin