View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CTC: Coin Through Card
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:43 pm 
Penguin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Exn33UXbKY

A coin penetrates a playing card. Both the coin and card can be signed and given to the audience as souvenir.

Post subject: Re: CTC: Coin Through Card
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:58 pm 
born to perform.

You created this? It's very very nice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:27 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for your comments!

Yes I created this effect. Will upload a live performance video soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:29 pm 
born to perform.

Can't wait. Is this impromptu?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:26 am 
Penguin

This effect is not impromptu. You just need to carry something that will fit inside a wallet. The set up is minimum as you can see in the video. The effect resets instantly and is perfect if you are performing in the bar or other restaurant environment with plenty of clear glasses.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:02 pm 
Penguin

Can this be done with a glass that has the entire mouth covered by the card leaving no openings? Like something similar to a shot glass but nearly as small as an actual shot glass?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:38 am 
Penguin

Yes, it can be done with the entire mouth being covered by the card. No Gaps. I'll use a smaller glass when I shoot my live performance video.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:07 am 
Penguin

AndyAce85 wrote:
Yes, it can be done with the entire mouth being covered by the card. No Gaps. I'll use a smaller glass when I shoot my live performance video.

That would be great, I'll be looking forward to it whenever you get a chance to record and upload it.

I am also working on a coin through card case effect that was released a couple years ago. You have someone select a card and sign their name across the face which is then placed into the center of the deck. You cleanly show the glass with the mouth being completely covered by the deck, and then show 3 coins. With a quick slap, you hear *CLINK* and the first coin has gone through the deck and landed in the glass, which can then be examined.
Next you show that you have 2 coins, and with the same move, *CLINK* the second coin has magically traveled through the deck and ends up in the glass. You show that everything is still normal and place the 2 coins in the glass and cover it with the deck, and now you show the final coin, and after slapping the deck, you hear nothing. The coin has vanished, you show that there are still two coins in the glass, the next part is really wicked. You remove the cards from the case, and spread them across the table, and directly in the center of the deck, there is a card with what looks like a coin laying on top of it. Upon closer inspection, the coin is actually imbedded IN the card, which is turned over to reveal to be the signed card by spectator.
After that, everything can be examined, it's truly a wicked routine, and I'll be sure to post a video of me performing it this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:28 pm 
Penguin

Rozzerdog wrote:
AndyAce85 wrote:

That would be great, I'll be looking forward to it whenever you get a chance to record and upload it.

I am also working on a coin through card case effect that was released a couple years ago. You have someone select a card and sign their name across the face which is then placed into the center of the deck. You cleanly show the glass with the mouth being completely covered by the deck, and then show 3 coins. With a quick slap, you hear *CLINK* and the first coin has gone through the deck and landed in the glass, which can then be examined.
Next you show that you have 2 coins, and with the same move, *CLINK* the second coin has magically traveled through the deck and ends up in the glass. You show that everything is still normal and place the 2 coins in the glass and cover it with the deck, and now you show the final coin, and after slapping the deck, you hear nothing. The coin has vanished, you show that there are still two coins in the glass, the next part is really wicked. You remove the cards from the case, and spread them across the table, and directly in the center of the deck, there is a card with what looks like a coin laying on top of it. Upon closer inspection, the coin is actually imbedded IN the card, which is turned over to reveal to be the signed card by spectator.
After that, everything can be examined, it's truly a wicked routine, and I'll be sure to post a video of me performing it this weekend.

I reckon this is David Forrest's 'Coins in the Glass' from Disk One from his 'Trickery' DVDs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:26 pm 
Penguin

Inferno_Kaiser wrote:
Rozzerdog wrote:
AndyAce85 wrote:

I reckon this is David Forrest's 'Coins in the Glass' from Disk One from his 'Trickery' DVDs.

You reckon correctly, it's a pretty amazing effect and so far I've been able to perform the effect with some spectacular reactions from my audience.