View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TT Fittings And Recommendation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:31 pm 
born to perform.

I am interested in getting a TT but I am looking for the best one for my thumb. I have read reviews for the variety of thumb tips that Penguin has, and the only one that is getting solid results is the Vernet. I am leaning towards that one but I have also seen a website for the THUMBS UP TT, that is supposed to be of a great quality but is 3x as expensive as a normal Vernet but I am willing to pay the price.

I do have a few questions though

1. What is the difference between hard and soft TTs?
2. Does anyone know anything about the THUMBS UP, because it is very expensive.
3.My thumb is 7 centimeters long (from base to tip) and has a circumference of slightly over 6 centimeters. And I have very pale skin, assume my skin is paler than yours unless you are an albino.

Please help me find the ideal brand, color, and size.

Truly Yours,

Keegan

Post subject: Re: TT Fittings And Recommendation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:18 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I can only tell you that you dont need a more exspensive TT. A vernet is the best for its price.
And that color really doesnt matter, get the basic vernet color one and you will be fine.
Soft and hard are exactly what they sound like, one is more pliable that the other.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:24 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks I'll probably go with the Vernet unless I just stumble onto 20 bucks. But why would I want a hard over soft or vice versa.Witch ones better for bill switches and vanishing soft things like tissues?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:48 pm 
born to perform.

soft tips have a sleight tendency to suction on. For bill switches a hard tip would be my recommendation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 am 
born to perform.

Adammcd wrote:
soft tips have a sleight tendency to suction on. For bill switches a hard tip would be my recommendation.

I would have to 2nd that. A hard tip is better for the bill switch. The soft TT the bill tends to stick. You dont need to spend alot of money on a TT. I have all kinds of TT and the Vernet is the one I use all the time. If you want to do the bill switch get the Vernet reg. If you want to make silks or bigger loads get the Vernet x large. If you live near a magic shop your best bet is to try some on. I had to get a few before I found one that works best for me. It should only come up to middle of your thumb. You know just before in bends. It will look longer than your normal thumb but no one should see it from the side anyways. It will allmost never match your skin tone inless your lucky, but not to worry I seen someone use a red TT and never seen it. Buy a D.V.D on them for some great tips. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:55 am 
born to perform.

I even have one of these ( Fredi Up Magic ) These are like super life like. Costs a few bucks but nice. But you know I still allways use my Vernet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:03 pm 
born to perform.

aces_up_41 wrote:
Adammcd wrote:

I would have to 2nd that. A hard tip is better for the bill switch. The soft TT the bill tends to stick. You dont need to spend alot of money on a TT. I have all kinds of TT and the Vernet is the one I use all the time. If you want to do the bill switch get the Vernet reg. If you want to make silks or bigger loads get the Vernet x large. If you live near a magic shop your best bet is to try some on. I had to get a few before I found one that works best for me. It should only come up to middle of your thumb. You know just before in bends. It will look longer than your normal thumb but no one should see it from the side anyways. It will allmost never match your skin tone inless your lucky, but not to worry I seen someone use a red TT and never seen it. Buy a D.V.D on them for some great tips. Hope this helps.

I'm really looking to vanish and produce things more than to do a bill switch I hope to do a tissue vanish, and "empty hands" coin pruduction.