View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help with remote.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:03 pm 
Penguin

Hi, I think I am posting this in the right section of the forum. I have this trick that involves using a remote. Now in the instrustions to the trick it does not mention that the remote in question (its basically a gerage remote, just a square box with a button on top) makes a loud click noise when you push the button. Is there any way to make it not as loud of a click? Since it's really not a stage trick, I cannot use distance to my adantage. I can't but it in my pocket because it must be be directly pinted at the reciver for the remote to work. And I can't use any kind of music because patter is a necessary part to the trick and because it is more of a close up trick. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Help with remote.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:15 pm 
born to perform.

jamesismy wrote:
Hi, I think I am posting this in the right section of the forum. I have this trick that involves using a remote. Now in the instrustions to the trick it does not mention that the remote in question (its basically a gerage remote, just a square box with a button on top) makes a loud click noise when you push the button. Is there any way to make it not as loud of a click? Since it's really not a stage trick, I cannot use distance to my adantage. I can't but it in my pocket because it must be be directly pinted at the reciver for the remote to work. And I can't use any kind of music because patter is a necessary part to the trick and because it is more of a close up trick. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

You can say "ABRACADABRA" really loud when you press it or snap your fingers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:48 pm 

I take it the remote is supposed to remain hidden? I think you're out of luck unless you want to dismantle it and rebuild it with different switches.

Or, give the remote to an assistant to operate.

What is the name of the trick?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:21 pm 
Penguin

mchkeegan wrote:
jamesismy wrote:

You can say "ABRACADABRA" really loud when you press it or snap your fingers.

It's really not that kinda trick, to answer DaveV's question as well, it is a lie detector test where the volunteer holds a lantern and you ask them questions and the lantern beeps whenever they "lie". You eventually get around to discovering what the persons card is by asking "was your card black?" etc. if they lie you make the lantern buzz. Thankfully, seeing as there seems to be no way around the noisy remote, its one of those tricks where, like the first time i saw it performed, you know how it works. Everyone i saw it with knew that the comedian/magician had a remote. But the banter and asking questions (aka "would you like to kiss someone other than your wife tonight? "no" BUZZ etc.) going up to the trick was so funny that the audience really didn't care. Guess I'll just have to be funny.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:36 pm 
born to perform.

jamesismy wrote:
It's really not that kinda trick, to answer DaveV's question as well, it is a lie detector test where the volunteer holds a lantern and you ask them questions and the lantern beeps whenever they "lie". You eventually get around to discovering what the persons card is by asking "was your card black?" etc. if they lie you make the lantern buzz. Thankfully, seeing as there seems to be no way around the noisy remote, its one of those tricks where, like the first time i saw it performed, you know how it works. Everyone i saw it with knew that the comedian/magician had a remote. But the banter and asking questions (aka "would you like to kiss someone other than your wife tonight? "no" BUZZ etc.) going up to the trick was so funny that the audience really didn't care. Guess I'll just have to be funny.

Well, you basically answered your question. Based on how you described it, the audience can see what you do without it spoiling the trick due to the comedic element involved. However, if you do want to keep it 'secret', you could use any buzzer you want, just make sure that the clicker is silent (unless you specifically need a specially bought gimmicked buzzer). I can't vouch for this myself as I have never tried it, but you can probably find a buzzer at most electronic stores (Radioshack or Circuit City spring to mind).