View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Which is better?
Cups and Balls 79%  79%  [ 38 ]
Coin Squeeze 21%  21%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 48
 Post subject: Cups/Balls vs Coin Squeeze
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:19 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Maybe it's this long so I can put my entire address, incase anyone sends free stuff, send stuff HERE
I haven't bought either yet, but I'm wondering.. do they basically work off the same sleight? And is it actually possible to do cups and balls without the ones that you can buy, with regular soft balls and cups? (Don't tell me the secret, just tell me whether you can or not. :-p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Cups and Balls and Coin Squeeze are nothing a like! They are two completely different principles.

Yes, you could make your own Cups and Balls if you get the proper type of stacking cups.

Post subject: Hm..
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:14 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Maybe it's this long so I can put my entire address, incase anyone sends free stuff, send stuff HERE
So, which is more worth the money? Coin Squeeze, or Ball and Cups? (I am problably going to get them both, but money's a bit tight right now :? ) {That is to say, not so tight as I can't afford personal pleasures, just as tight as I can't afford many..lol}

Post subject: Re: Hm..
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:43 am 
Emperor Penguin

SaggioD wrote:
So, which is more worth the money? Coin Squeeze, or Ball and Cups? (I am problably going to get them both, but money's a bit tight right now :? ) {That is to say, not so tight as I can't afford personal pleasures, just as tight as I can't afford many..lol}

Both are good and well worth the money. The Colorful Cups and Balls are made of plastic and are priced low ($3.95 I think). There are also C&B booklets and routines available. Coin Squeeze is only intended for one thing. You can do so much more with a set of Cups and Balls than you can with Coin Squeeze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:16 pm 
Penguin

Cups and balls

Post subject: cups and balls are better
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:44 pm 
Penguin

the cups and balls are much better
[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:04 am 
Penguin

There was a time when the way you handled your cups and balls was the way all other magicians judged you.......My first set came with a tv magic set in 1973 ........ My last set cost me 60 dollars...If you LEARN to use them and PRACTISE all the time. It along with a TT, A deck of cards..and a few select magic books and you are set for life!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:51 am 
Penguin

Take at the combination cups and balls/ chop cup. I like the cups and balls and the chop cup.
TTFN
BBUNNELL 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:17 am 
born to perform.

i'd get cups and balls. like houdini said "one is not a magician untill u can thoroughly perform cups and balls" or something like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:05 am 
born to perform.

I'd get both, but I like coin squeeze

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

I use to do a ball and cup routine with napkins and dixie cups, the real simple routine. I would say Balls and Cups routine, I have coin squeeze and like Frijid said, two totally different concepts. Some say you should wait and invest in a good set ($45 and up) set, since you can do more with them. But that is just an observation I made from looking at a couple of sites dedicated to cups and balls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:53 am 
Penguin

you can do cups and balls with any cups and sponges but as you dont know the secret then your need to buy it. You might be able to get it for free if you search the web im not sure!

Tom

Post subject: Cups and balls for sure
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:30 pm 
Penguin

I don't understand what you are asking. Cups and balls are a must have. You can make so many routines with them. Coin squeeze you can only do one thing with it. I can't see someone being torn in between coin squeeze or cups and balls. get both there great tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:26 pm 
Penguin

Why is EVERYONE against coin squeeze????
Both are great but if I had to pick, it would definately be coin squeeze.
Half the people u do cups and balls to will say "I know how you do that" or "I've seen that before". I'd go w/ coin sqeeze. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:34 pm 
Penguin

if people say "ive seen that before" to the cups and balls, they're probably referring to the really weak routine that comes with a lot of the cheap plastic (3 dollar) sets. I would recommend getting a cheap metal set, with larger mouth and height, so you can load larger items. I usually start my cups and balls by doing the basic ball penetration routine and saying "you've probably seen this before, and you might even know how its done". Then go directly into loading limes, etc.

Go with the cups and balls. There are so many things you can do with it (make sure you get a book or video on cup and ball sleights and routines).