View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cigarette tricks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:22 am 
Penguin

Was wondering if anyone knew of any other cigarette tricks. I think I have a nice collection of JUNK! Cause most cigarette tricks either use the old rolled cigarettes or a long sleve coat to cover a gimic. Let me list what I have and you tell me if you know of anything else to look for.

I have the Encyclopeida of Cig Magic by Keith Clark, all the Mullica tapes, of course tips, The new cig producer, cig pull, broken and restored cig, cig producto, cigarette vanish tube, cig through quarter, and flying cigaretes. Now I've seen the animated cig but I know it's more stage and I'm looking for close up. Also have yet to find a cig dropper, but would love to find one. Anyone else know of any other close up cig tricks or books or videos? Anything? Anyone?

Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:26 am 

the best trick is quitting :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:06 pm 
Penguin

I have a hand held cigarette guillotine. It's a cool effect but I'm not sure who sells it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:18 pm 
Emperor Penguin

knockout wrote:
I have a hand held cigarette guillotine.

Is that the one that is otherwise known as the Finger Chopper? If so I used to have one of those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:32 pm 
Penguin

It's not the finger chopper. You slide a ciggy in one end of a cigarette-sized tube held in your hand, cap the tube, clearly slice the middle of the tube the ciggy is inside of with a razor blade. Remove the razor, open the tube and the ciggy is intact. Everything is examinable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:20 pm 
Penguin

Interesting, have a finger chopper with a hole in the bottom that doesn't cut the finger but cut's the cig, sounds like the same principal sorta. Anything else?? Anyone?? And who said I smoked? Tom Mullica doesn't smoke anymore but he still tounges 20 cigs in his mouth.

Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:15 pm 
born to perform.

i agree with braivsainte :D :wink: -matttrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:07 am 
born to perform.

A friend of mine recently got "Cig through Card" & he is real please with it (when I get some money, think I'll get it) otherwise there is "Cig through coin" (or as David Copperfield did Chopstick through coind :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:03 pm 
Penguin

The only cigarette effect I do is a jack through a quarter routine.

After I do that, I use some of the ash for an ash transposition effect, and some of the ash to for a card revelation on my arm.

Post subject: TT Routine.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:41 pm 
Penguin

Here is a quick routine I use often, Standard stuff with a TT.
Palm a butt in the same hand as the lit one.
Draw attention.
Take the last puff while eating the butt.
Blow smoke.
Drop in closed fist (flash paper is a nice touch, but too mush can blow the butt out of your hand).
Vanished to your mouth...
:twisted:

Post subject: Best Cig Trick
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:45 pm 
Penguin

You didn't mention Cigarette up Nose by Gary Kosnitsky. I know it sounds like "Match up Nose", but it leaves "match up Nose" in the dust. (or in the ashes) If Penguin has it, go straight to 'add to cart' and put it in. The reviews in the add aren't hyped, this thing is the cooles and most realistic small illusion you could hope for. I thought I had the method figured out before I got it, but found the trick to be FAR more clever, and really well concieved. I don't know the protocol on how far to go without tipping the gimmick, but Gary's idea with the prop cigarette (which is dead-on real looking) puts the act of jamming a cigarette into your nose and then snorting it- into the miracle class. This is one where you'll smile when you get it, and be doing it 5 minutes later. When's the last time that happened with a magic trick? Jay Sankey's got a novel little cigarette vanish on "45" -- There's also an "appearing cigarettes" (?) trick I've seen on Ebay where an empty pack is closed then opened full. Cig.-up-Nose is the answer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:09 pm 
Penguin

Piggybacking off the last post cigarette up nose is a must for cigarette workers. I'm slowly getting into cigarette magic/sleights because a lot of people smoke and its more practicle then pick a card. I recently did order a "cigarette catcher" (which I believe is the same thing as your cigarette dropper your looking for, maybe).

I bet color changing lighter would be nice for any cigarette worker. The best and one of the only cigarette magic videos is called, "Quit Smoking" by David Stone.

I do know a site that has like everything so if I can help any further just pm me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:03 am 
born to perform.

Dar_kwan wrote:
A friend of mine recently got "Cig through Card" & he is real please with it (when I get some money, think I'll get it) otherwise there is "Cig through coin" (or as David Copperfield did Chopstick through coind :D )

cig thru crd is well worth it.

difficulty only about 3/5 just 1 sleight involved
effect 5/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:19 pm 
Penguin

I love sigaret up nose the reactions are great they love it when u just simply stick a sig. up ure nose. I olso reccommend steve fearsons "floating siggaret" u can't find it on penguin but can download it at his site www.downloadmagic.com HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: RIGHT ON!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:19 pm 
Penguin

bravesaint wrote:
the best trick is quitting :wink:

NO AFFENSE BUT SMOKING IS DISCUSTING!!!!