View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: healed and sealed
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:30 pm 
born to perform.

Can someone tell me is it worth to get healed and sealed? why and why not? because it does not has any demo in this site, so i don't know if it is a worth buy or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

For $8.90 you can't go wrong on this trick...it's worth every cent.

You can see a nice demo here...
http://www.alchurch.net/magic/

It takes a while to download (17 minutes on a cable connection) but it's a good home made demo...download it, don't just view it...you might as well save it because it takes a long time just for 1 viewing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:31 pm 
born to perform.

if you put the time into perfecting the performance aspect of this trick........then it is worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:58 am 
Penguin

the trick is definately worth it. it's cheap too, under ten bucks you can't go wrong. If you read all the other posts about the trick on the boards it seems that the people who don't have it hate it, and the people who do have it love it. People complain about prep time, even though it takes 2-3 minutes tops to prep....and the fact that in order to practice it you have to use a new can each time, which is somehow too expensive for them....after buying a cheap 12 pack of soda for about 3 bucks you shouldn't need to practice anymore. In fact after going thru 3 cans you should pretty much be able to practice it in your mind. I don't do this trick on a regular basis, but it always gets strong reactions and becomes one of your most talked about effects. and word of mouth spreads pretty quick, and after a couple people see it and tell someone else, it will be one of your biggest requests. oh, and if you do it at a party, expect people to ask you to refill their beers for the rest of the night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:08 am 

Not just worth it...well worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:07 pm 
born to perform.

but i heard people said each time to preform this trick need to waste a can of soda, is it true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:19 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Mysterioushazuki wrote:
but i heard people said each time to preform this trick need to waste a can of soda, is it true?

Yes, that's true...but you don't necessarily have to waste it, you can have your spectators drink some to show them that it's real...or you can drink it yourself. It won't go to waste unless you let it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:51 pm 
Penguin

yeah, you don't really waste it, i usually use a beer can so i drink it afterwards...and i would pour it into a glass or cup afterwards...otherwise if you do it and then just drink it yourself people might think there is not that much in there...if you pour it in the cup they can see how much there is, this works good with soda. The only part you really have to work on making legit, is the resealing of the top. and if you just go buy those 25 cent sodas from the machines at the grocery store,you should be able to get more than enough to use

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:10 pm 

Let's just say that when your practicing it for the first time...you'll be drinking a heck of a lot of soda. LOL.

Either that or, like me, will have glasses and glasses of soda in your fridge. :shock:

Post subject: Healed and Sealed
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:24 am 
Penguin

I really like Healed and Sealed, worth more than it's price. The idea, like most good ones, is simple and it isn't too hard to master. I would definitely suggest getting it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:38 pm 
Penguin

Just get it. Yes it's a booklet only, and prep. time will run you in the beginning around 5 minutes, buy a six pack of coke. But it is so worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:43 am 
Penguin

get a REALLY cheap soda... like the kind that comes in the 24 case for like 5 bux.. lol... you can use those to practice and then move on to coke / pepsi.. and a certain fermented beverage... if you are old enough of course

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:52 am 
born to perform.

Location: asylum Occupation: unemployed Hobbies: full-contact origami
i personally went through more soda while practicing the trick where you have 2 sodas, shake up one soda and open the other and it explodes whereas the shook up can doesn't explode when opening.

and there is an effect in the booklet where an empty can fills up while a full can loses its contents. so, you need to open 2 sodas instead of one.

if this is too much, just practice when you get thirsty. don't sit there and practice one can after another; just practice when you feel like drinking something