View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Loops, my routine
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:38 pm 
Penguin

I thought it be more fun if you had the victom place there arm out and then pass your hands over the extended arm and say:

"I have nothing connected between my two hands."

Then ask them to drop a card (or folded dollar bill) between your hands as you engage the loop effect. I tell them that "I have enough static electricity to hold the card in mid-air between my fingers."

then after it floats for a few seconds I then ask them to take the floating card back (as it's floating). Time it just right so that you disengage the loop trick, then pass your hands over there arm that just took the card ---The quicker the better-- to show that nothing is attached between your hands.

Of course they'll want to see it again since you've have proven that you "broke the invisible line" just take the card back, engage the loop effect and float it again.

It's works like a charm since most people think you're attaching something to the card.

Make sure you show that you don't have any magnets and show both sides of your hands then have them cut through your hands before they drop the cards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:28 pm 
Penguin

Fun idea... I love loops! I know you weren't looking for advice, so take it or leave it. But, I'd delete the line, "There is nothing between my hands." They'll already assum/know that when they SEE nothing between your hands. And you've given them the false explanation about generation of static electricity.

Way to be creative with those things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:30 pm 
born to perform.

I agree with Baxter, you should never run when they're not chasing you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:11 am 
Penguin

Thats a good point about killing that line... but... I forgot to mention the context. I did this trick after some of my coworkers figured out how the UFO card worked.

If they figured out that trick it's great. because

Also, you could combine the two and allow them to pass there hands on both sides of a floating card then lift you hands up to them with the loop so they can pass there hands over and under.

Or, use the loop , then engage the ufo at some point and drop your hands. Trust me, I had a co-workers scream so load I thought she'd pass out from the horror of it.