View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: penguin cups vs paul fox cups / johnson cups
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:38 pm 
Penguin

hi everyone

i have purchased a few drinks card tricks coin tricks and the cups and balls. out of most of the tricks i have so far the cups and balls is one of my favorite.

right now i just have the regular alumin cups and balls. and wen out and bought " the complete cups and balls with michael ammar vol 1" liked it so much i have vol. 2 on the way.

i am just starting out but i really love the cups and balls. there is just so much art to it and just a classic. so now i am looking for some good quality cups. Ammar uses paul fox cups and sells johnson cups and mike rogers little baseballs on his website. but i also know that penguin magic has some great cups too.

i have found some paul fox cups but they are very expensive. johnson cups are a little cheaper but i have also dont some reasearch and found that there are some bad quality johnson cups.

then there are the punguin cups they are by far the least expensive at 100 dollars. but do you get what you pay for? and they are even giving them away for free if you send 250. doing the math it would be in my best intrest for me to spend 250 in other tricks and props and get the cups for free. but that is beside the point.

i was wondering what everyone likes and uses pro's cons and just overall thoughts about what kind of cups to get.

thanks richard

ps: i am also going to post this in the cups and balls fourm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

I found some Johnson Cups for $180 on another site, and the Paul Fox Cups for around $150. I have heard that the new manufacturer of Paul Fox Cups no longer upholds the quality standards the cups used to have. From my knowledge of Johnson Products and their superior quality, I am going with the Johnson Cups.

The fact that Paul Fox Cups are no longer at many magicians quality standards any more at $150, I am even more weary of Penguin Cups at a extremely low $99.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:29 pm 
Penguin

http://www.jamesriser.com/Cups/PF_DDHistory.html

http://www.mcmagicwords.com/tricks/jpcupsandballs.html

http://www.jamesriser.com/Cups/HistoricCups.html

a few intresting links