View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TT sizes
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:26 am 
born to perform.

i did searches and found nothing, so here goes. Can you pick sizes of TT such as the extreme closeup workers TT. If so, how? Do you just ask penguin? Thanks!

~ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:26 am 
Penguin

i believe not, there is a way to size it up though. Throw it in some hot water, take it out and form it to your thumb! I think they have some posts on this once u buy it. I have this TT you want, its good looking TT but so are the Vernets. Something to think about especially the price on the Extreme closeup might not be worth it. The extra cash can be spent on an ID. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:02 pm 
Penguin

yes the vernets are good. you can also go to your local magic shop like i did and all the thumbtips they sell that have on pegs on boards that they hand you to try and they help you find the best one. thats how my shop is but im sure if you go in and say you want a TT they should be able to know which one is the best. hope this helps :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:13 am 
born to perform.

you want one that is bigger then your thumb. If you do the water thing then it ruines it!!! You need plenty of space for your load

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:25 pm 
born to perform.

it's extremely hard to find the right size, especially if you have a thumb between the regular and king size. and no, you cant use the hot water method if your thumb hardly fits in the TT. you can only use the hot water when you want to size it down and fit your thumb. By the way, the extreme closeup workers TT stinks. it might fit a kids thumb :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:03 pm 
born to perform.

im pretty sure i have the extreme close up workers TT. Or a venet, i got it during march madness of 2004, can you please help me remember which it is. Also, is the extreme closeup TT a rubber/soft TT or hard? Thanks!

P.S. i have these TT's. King sized, vernet finger tip, a d'light TT (with no glow, just the TT), the one i got for march madness, and one i got at a local magic shop, i think it is a vernet

Post subject: TT
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:04 pm 
Penguin

Yes you can size a TT up. Put the open end in hot water for about 20 sec's then fit (I use a screwdriver handle) something a bit larger than the width of your thumb into it. Don't force it as I split one by mistake. The hot water softens the plastic of the TT and will allow you to stretch it. Put it into cold water to set it. This should work unless you have extremely large thumbs. THe king size is longer but the same diameter. The king size is good for larger loads. Good luck and let us know how it works. Art

Post subject: Thumb tips
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:46 pm 
Penguin

Vernet makes a XXL TT for those of you with very large thumbs. It's not longer just bigger. Works great for me. :D