View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:43 pm 
Penguin

I keep a hard shell camera case (the type used for video equipment), in the trunk of my car...it has some coins, decks of cards, thumb tips, some gimmick tricks I like, etc in it...for the purposes of busking, I don't feel the need to carry a lot of things with me, so pockets are good enough...if I feel I want to make some changes to my routine, it's not usually a long walk back to the car...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:46 pm 
Penguin

Any time I am strolling around looking for some spectators I always wear a pair of khakies that have 5 or 6 pockets, with one being velcro...the velcro can fit two packs of cards without looking weird...and it helps to have a ton of space to put a bunch of pocket tricks in...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:08 pm 
Penguin

You might want to buy a vest with pockets on the inside and on the outside. One good thing about a vest is you can do vanishes and still have short sleeves on. Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:06 pm 
Penguin

I use a fishing Tackle Box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:10 pm 
Penguin

Yo i put my stuff in like a carrying bag. In a sitchuation where u go to a party i ask to put my stuff in a closet at that persons house or only bring a few tricks and have them all in my pocket walk around showing the same tricks over and over and over again to different people there to intertain the other kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:15 pm 

Soft sided camera/Video bags work well. They are lightweight, have shoulder straps and several compartments. Usually they can be found at places like Wal-Mart for just a few bucks. Speaking of Walmart, I picked up a beautiful aluminum close up case in the tool box section there. It has foam inserts, adjustable compartment sizes and a removable panel that can hold a bunch of smaller items. I paid 14.99 CDN for it. I guess that would be about 10 bucks US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:59 am 
Penguin

i alwaysa just pick my few best tricks and use my pockets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:58 pm 
born to perform.

If you are just strolling around, then it is up to you. You can use your pockets or a small bag, like a camera case.

If you are busking, and have your own table, then you can use a leather pouch or something like that. Gazzo sells one that he wears on his front on his belt for $500 dollars. Since that is out of most of our budgets, I found a workable alternative. I picked up a soft, nylon and canvas, black Samsonite camera bag at Target for twenty-dollars. It has extra compartments that all come out with velcro. I can fold the flap into the bag, and it hooks to some velcro about half-way in. This leaves the flap forming a kind of wide belt loop, allowing me to attach the bag to my front. This makes it possible to do a street Cups and Balls routine with six final loads and a large five of six inch diameter tennis ball as a final hat load. I can carry all of that, plus cards, my cups and balls, silks etc. I am doing my routine from a two foot by three foot portable table.

Here is a full view. Wish it were leather. :?

Some close-ups of the loads and the from the front.

Post subject: My suggestion
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:10 pm 
Penguin

I tend to use a messanger bag. You can get them at Old Navy, some clothing stores, and I actually bought mine off of a website. I think it was e-bags, or something. Anyways, they have a flap that you can flip over and reveal a zip-up main bag part, where I keep magic books and stuff when I'm out for the day and need something to read. I always keep Bill Tarr's "Now You See It, Now You Don't" :D There is also a lot of smaller pockets where you can keep some extra change, a few packet tricks, possibly 2 decks of cards, a Sharpie marker, etc. In the flap I mentioned earlier, I keep the Magician's Insurance. :-D Great place to keep that too. If you guys need help figuring out what in the world I"m talking about, message me and I'll see if I can find you a link with some pictures.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:04 am 
Penguin

During school, I use my locker or my backpack. When I'm not at school, I use just my pants pockets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:39 am 
Penguin

i have an attache suitcase that is wooden. when you close it you can put a close up pad on top of it. it even is made by a company called presto, wich is my magic word for kids shows. i love bill tarr