View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: question about close up pads...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:32 am 
Penguin

i am thinking about close up pad...so i need some advise from you guys..which color is the best for performing close up magic?? penguin magic has five color and i think blue is the best...i heard many people prefer black for performing i don't know why ...so give me some advises((people who already have close up pad ))
thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:11 am 
born to perform.

Black.

Useful on may things. You can hide invisible thread for example. Also some gimmicks that if I mention will be exposure.

-MB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:27 am 
Penguin

I have a black one. Black pretty much goes with every other color. Also black is the most visual contrast to white (the face color of playing cards) because they are at the complete opposite ends of the color spectrum. So, for pure visual impact, black is the most dramatic. That's not to say that other colors aren't nice, just that black is visually the biggest contrast to the white on playing cards. Silver coins also tend to show up the best on a black background. Also, as M_B said, you can hide certain things against a black background better than other colors.

Really, it boils down to what you prefer. If you like blue, then get a blue one. There is nothing wrong with a blue close-up pad. My preference just happens to be black.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:42 am 
Penguin

thank you for replies.... i thought blue is the popular one because when i see Oz doing his tricks most of times he used blue pad.. i guess black is the many people prefer....^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I prefer black myself for a few reasons.
The obvious one is the contrast with the colours. Having a bright colour with a black background will allow your spectators to easily see their card, and it puts more emphasis on the card.

That is probably why most quality close-up pads/mats that are coloured in blue, green, and red are a dark shade of the colour.

I also prefer black as the coloured ones (though darker) remind me more of gambling, than magic. Though that is just me.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:37 pm 
born to perform.

I agree that black has its advantages, but I prefer the color of dark green. It gives the trick a classic feel.