View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:05 pm 
Penguin

I performed an ambitious card routine in the cafeteria but I didnt draw much of a crowd. Just a couple of tables looked over. SO now im getting the raven to really draw a crowd. I need to get my reputation up in my school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:14 pm 
born to perform.

don't use IT at school, too risky, kids are pushy and want to expose you as a "fake" just my two cents

Post subject: dominos
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:28 pm 
Penguin

I think that the best trick in the world for having at school is the three domino monte. I always convince kids to try out a game of it and i make money off it so easily. I bring this trick to school so much and get so much for it. :D :D :D , not one person figured it out and people keep on wanting to try and beat me. You gotta let them win some of the time though but you always will come out on top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:39 pm 
born to perform.

I think the worst thing to do is card tricks and IT. And I reccomend stealth pen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:09 pm 
born to perform.

awlsr wrote:
I think the worst thing to do is card tricks and IT. And I reccomend stealth pen.

In one point, I disagree, there are so many Card effects perfect for school...

-2 Card Monte
-ACR->Card thru Pocket
-Biddle Trick
-Here then there (Ultimate Transpo)
-Some nice Color Changes (I like Shapeshifter)
-Mindreading with Classic Force

and there are all impromptu!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:54 pm 
Penguin

What about the Super Sharpie? Is it good to perform in school?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:12 pm 
Penguin

i would be careful about doing tricks a school, i don't do magic at school that much kids are just Hecklers, they dont care about the magic they just want to know the secrets .

Post subject: Re: school
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:27 am 
born to perform.

GFUNK13 wrote:
I am going to order on the spot, bite out quarter and the raven, I already have BTP and Darwins encyclopedia, floating dollar bill, I want to do some effects at school for friends and also do stuff for family, do you think this is adequit, (probably more than adequit) would you add anything elts? or take anything away?

Everything depends on your performance, if you can sell it, you got a gig :D

Post subject: Re: dominos
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:15 am 
Penguin

ollidudey wrote:
I think that the best trick in the world for having at school is the three domino monte. I always convince kids to try out a game of it and I make money off it so easily. I bring this trick to school so much and get so much for it. :D :D :D , not one person figured it out and people keep on wanting to try and beat me. You gotta let them win some of the time though but you always will come out on top.

theres 2 things wrong with your post

1.a magican is not suposed to take advantage of the people hes doing something to

2.your not suposed to gambal in school oh ya it even said on the demo not to take peoples money!

Post subject: Yeah thats good.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:09 pm 
born to perform.

I'm in 7th grade right now and have been an aspiring magician for a year or so, but right now im really getting into the groove of things, ive found myself being approached by people in the 8th grade, who after I do tricks for em, they hang out with me in between classes, and they don't just bother me about doing tricks, its real "friend" chat, but every once in a while i'll throw a magic trick in my conversations, like when we talk about having to study I secretly put on my D'Lites, and say "I don't have to study, I just (reach for their ear) pull the thoughts out of other kids thoughts(pulls the light out of his head)." Thats just one of things I do, I also do similar things for people in my grade, its a great ice breaker, and since im a new student this year I needed all the help I could get. :) and please don't think that I just got into magic to meet people, I got into because im an actor/entertainer in general, well that's my two cents for ya, I also like all of the tricks that you had outlined, I do the Raven trick all the time, especially when buying lunch, when I need change I use it to make a coin of higher value appear, scares the lunch lady though, but it got me free lunch for the show. Anyways have fun with your magic!

Post subject: Re: Yeah thats good.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:53 pm 
born to perform.

chewie1890 wrote:
I'm in 7th grade right now and have been an aspiring magician for a year or so, but right now im really getting into the groove of things, ive found myself being approached by people in the 8th grade, who after I do tricks for em, they hang out with me in between classes, and they don't just bother me about doing tricks, its real "friend" chat, but every once in a while I'll throw a magic trick in my conversations, like when we talk about having to study I secretly put on my D'Lites, and say "I don't have to study, I just (reach for their ear) pull the thoughts out of other kids thoughts(pulls the light out of his head)." Thats just one of things I do, I also do similar things for people in my grade, its a great ice breaker, and since im a new student this year I needed all the help I could get. :) and please don't think that I just got into magic to meet people, I got into because im an actor/entertainer in general, well that's my two cents for ya, I also like all of the tricks that you had outlined, I do the Raven trick all the time, especially when buying lunch, when I need change I use it to make a coin of higher value appear, scares the lunch lady though, but it got me free lunch for the show. Anyways have fun with your magic!

nothing wrong with that.

Post subject: Yes I know theres nothing wrong with it
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:19 pm 
born to perform.

I know theres nothing wrong with it, but people seemed to be annoyed I did it JUST to meet people, I do it as an interest mostly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:55 pm 
Penguin

Floating Bill for school big NO they grab the IT or just fiqure it out :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:57 pm 
Penguin

O'ya stealth pen= great

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:39 am 
Penguin

hi, i go to school too, i know that alot of people in my school play poker, so i do gambling theme tricks a bit, or flourishes get an easy reaction, i dont think close up tricks are that good in school, at least not with shiny boxes etc. but i use cards alot, even if i am just playing a friendly game someone will come over and say hey got any good tricks?
And obviously i will say i got 1 or 2, and then show them an amazing trick or even something simple, but nothin with a key card, because for some reason lots of people know about key cards,
good luck,

P.S. the muscle pass is a killer in school...