View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Subterfuge
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:49 pm 
Penguin

Does anyone have it? What do you think of it?

Here is a video of it

http://subterfugemagic.com/videos/Subte ... rmance.wmv

Sandsword

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:01 pm 
born to perform.

I am very mad that there is no reviews for this!!! I am thinking of getting this ..I am thinking that its a shim thing 8) if those people with the ravens,bats,and pro pks no what I am talking about...I did a search on google and found pretty much nothin on this trick..I know it has something to do with the ring and the grab to the shirt it looks like..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:14 pm 
born to perform.

How come this thing is always sold out? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:18 pm 
born to perform.

Location: An amatuer practices until he gets it right, a professional practices until he can't get it wrong...
Blindside462 wrote:
How come this thing is always sold out? :(

dont know, but its been like that sense it came out. i am really looking foreward to buying this effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:19 pm 

I thought it was awaiting release. I hope Penguin isn't the only place you're looking for reviews, as I'm sure there are some somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:23 pm 
born to perform.

I googled around and found nothing..most of the time it just says that magic takes misdirection and subterfuge :( ..well I am going to get it at hank lee 's magic factory (45.00 +dvd) and a soft TT from here ..I'm still thinking..the description on it says an vanish a small item at will and can be done with or without a shirt...datsa weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:49 pm 

It's pretty obvious that it's a ring, Penguin even tells you that when you order because there are two sizes. My question is are there going to be different sizes of the rings? I'm not going to wear a ring that's way too big for a magic trick if I have to take it off right after I perform because it's too loose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:25 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
It's pretty obvious that it's a ring, Penguin even tells you that when you order because there are two sizes. My question is are there going to be different sizes of the rings? I'm not going to wear a ring that's way too big for a magic trick if I have to take it off right after I perform because it's too loose.
Get the 9.75 size ..well I am going to I am 14 I have a bit of fat fingers..I used a ring sizer I got for free from blue nile .com and 9.75 fits perfectly over my ring finger..There are two different sizes of subterfuge rings..13 and 9.75..if you have ginormous fingers then go for size 13..on hank lee is says when you order you can get (small-9.75) and large(13)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:42 pm 
Penguin

Too bad Penguin removed this from their site. I did some google on it an it is at just about every online store except Penguin.

There is a video at subterfugemagic.com

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope Penguin gets these soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:23 pm 
Penguin

hi i have one question.. is subterfuge the same as the raven? if so i will just get the raven because its cheaper, and not to mention the free shipping
o yes one more question... when will the raven be in stock again!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:15 am 

No. The gimmicks are based on the same thing, but constructed completely differently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:48 am 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
No. The gimmicks are based on the same thing, but constructed completely differently.

No, they are not based on the same thing.. Completly different setups.. The subterscrew leaves you ridicuously dirty, while the raven leaves you INSTANTLY clean. I cannot figure out for the life of me why people would want this.. I mean, i dunno about the majority consensus, but this idea is far from *new*... I just scratch my head in absolute amazement about how this guy accually has the *nerve* to sell such garbage.. But i guess thats how the industry goes.. They want what they think is new and improved, when you can accually build this in 20 minutes with household items for free... it amazes me.

Jesse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:16 pm 

What I meant was that the main part of the gimmick is the same, but everything else changes. It's the same way that the Bat and the Raven are similar. I personally think the Subterfuge is a ripoff of something that's been around for years. Alan Ackerman actually talks about it in a set of lecture notes that I recently picked up. Same gimmick used for a different purpose. I highly recommend the Raven, because you do end up completely clean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:30 pm 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
What I meant was that the main part of the gimmick is the same, but everything else changes. It's the same way that the Bat and the Raven are similar. I personally think the Subterfuge is a ripoff of something that's been around for years. Alan Ackerman actually talks about it in a set of lecture notes that I recently picked up. Same gimmick used for a different purpose. I highly recommend the Raven, because you do end up completely clean.

Ahh yes.. i totally agree there.. And i see we share the same feelings towards the raven also ;)

I have said the subterfuge has been a rip off since i saw it for my own eyes a month or so back.. Rediculous "system".. I just hope that when people get it.. They realize "maybe we shoulda listned" But oh well.. I said it before, ill say it again, Magicians want the latest and greatest LOL

Jesse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I'm really hating magic marketing these days.

There used to be a time when a magnetic finger ring was actually called a magnetic finger ring. :roll:

8)