View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

spadesy wrote:
The reason for the spectator lighting the flash paper is so that I can be free to do something, such as misdirection as the paper is burning.

Could you not light it yourself, and find a different opportunity to do your move?

Or have them light regluar paper?

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:11 am 
Penguin

Guys I wouldn't risk letting the spectators light Flash Paper at all. For one flash paper is very unpredictable and their is a very good chance that the spectator will burn themselves and secondly if they do not expect what is about to happen you could have quite a big law suit on your hands. I do agree with Legend_566's statement about letting them light it before you throw it into the air, but their is a very good chance that they may not light it in the correct possision e.g at the top allowing it to burn downwards, I recently did a gig inwhich the spectator lit the paper in my hand but abit to far down the side of the paper causing it to burn rather alot faster than it would normaly. Thankfully nobody was harmed.

Cheers guys, just be carefull

Ros :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:11 am 
Penguin

Guys I wouldn't risk letting the spectators light Flash Paper at all. For one flash paper is very unpredictable and their is a very good chance that the spectator will burn themselves and secondly if they do not expect what is about to happen you could have quite a big law suit on your hands. I do agree with Legend_566's statement about letting them light it before you throw it into the air, but their is a very good chance that they may not light it in the correct possision e.g at the top allowing it to burn downwards, I recently did a gig inwhich the spectator lit the paper in my hand but abit to far down the side of the paper causing it to burn rather alot faster than it would normaly. Thankfully nobody was harmed.

Cheers guys, just be carefull

Ros :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:56 am 
born to perform.

tell them to drop the match on the paper. ..... that cold work if its in a ashtray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:32 pm 
Penguin

Years ago, I heard about a magician doing a fire effect at his restaurant gig, that ended badly. A woman he was performing for had used a lot of hairspray. The hairspray fumes ignited and set her hair on fire. He was fired and so were all the other magicians in the restaurant chain. Not recommended!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:53 am 
Penguin

if its in an ashtray, just spray a layer of cheap hairspray into the ashtray before the show (about half a CM thick) then simple put some plain ordinary tissue paper over it (cut it to the shape of the asshtray) the paper will hold the fumes from the hairspray in, then get teh spec to light a LONG match and throw it in, itll burn a hole right threw the tissue then the hairspray will light and give a nice blue flame all over the ashtray, which will burn for a good 30 secs minimum and light the paper aswell, (youll know the paper is alight when the flame goes yellow) then just leave it to slow burn as there prediction is incinerated in front of their arms.

i tried this just now with a sheet of A4 printer paper, it took about 1 and a half mins to totaly destroy the paper, so if you use half a notepad page or something itd still be kinda fast, but not as fast as flash i recon.

but yeah always warn them and such

Post subject: Anti-Flash Paper
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:16 pm 
born to perform.

I don't think that letting the Spec light the Flash is very intelligent, I would reccommend if it doesn't matter how THEY destroy, they could like...swallow it or something, or you could tell them to destroy it in anyway they see fit, for all you know they may pull out a lighter and set it a blaze, or they may shred it, that gives them more participation, hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:39 pm 
Penguin

Try getting a small dish and placing the written flash paper that has been written on in it. Have the spectator light and they wont burn their hands.

Post subject: ciggy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:28 am 
Penguin

Hey why :shock: y not do what Paul Zennon does and get a spectator to light a ciggeret and when there smoking it take the flash paper and it should ignite. It's close up to them, Visual and will give em one edited of a Shock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:15 pm 
Penguin

spadesy wrote:
Ok - so alcohol soaking is a bad idea, then. That's why I asked. :)

So how about other ways of destroying the paper safely and quickly in front of the and by the spectator, such as shredding or wetting it? The paper does not need to be totally destroyed, but only the word.

It's not the technique that I looking for, but creative ideas for safely discarding a written note predicition.

If i want to destroy a piece of paper or something like that, i usually do my fire alarm illusion/stunt. it basically has to do with me holding a fire ball in my hand then picking it up with the other hand holding it between the fingers, then touching my tongue to the fire ball. then i place the fire ball in the ashtray with the prediction paper or card and it is quickly destroyed. however i only recommend this trick if you are good with working with fire. the fire alarm trick is a stunt type illusion. in other words you really are holding a flaming ball in your hand with nothing between your skin and the fire ball. This is why it is also a stunt and requires some skill in handling fire. :shock: :D oh yeah, and even though it does not sound like it, it is very safe. thereason is because of the chemical solution you use to create the fire ball. it burns cooler than ordinary fuels and when dropped it will go out due to its quick and sensitive burning properties.

Post subject: Re: Suggestion
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:58 pm 
Penguin

Toadboy125 wrote:
Dry a moist towelette ( eg. Wet NAP) by taking it out of the pack for a couple of days and write on it. starts a bit slower and burns blue.

Has any one tried this?
does it work?
how long does it take to burn?