View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:49 pm 
Penguin

ok but for hypnotherapy it is needed. ok then i am going to have to try and get that through to the people at the school

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

mbl16 wrote:
ok but for hypnotherapy it is needed. ok then i am going to have to try and get that through to the people at the school

No. As long as you are not giving the impression it is for medical use. To practice medicine, you need to be a doctor.

You can perform hypnotherapy, as a hypnotherapist without a certificate.

Here's some more information on it I have come across so you don't just have to take my word for it. ;)

Do I have to be certified before I can open my private practice?
"Certification is not state licensure or federal approval and is not required for practice in most of the fifty United States. Certification may be misleading by these very titles and claims. With any certifying organization, do your research to discover their true identity and primary purpose through deed and not mere words. Check with your state government for requirements, if any."

Do I need a license to practice hypnotherapy in my state?
"Virtually in all fifty of the United States, a diploma from an Approved State Licensed School is the highest level of legal, official, state government recognition. There is an exception in two states, which require a hypnotherapist to be a licensed psychotherapist. Three states, Indiana, New Mexico and Washington require a hypnotherapist to register with the state."

So basically, there are 2 states that regulate it. You'll have to find out if you're in one of them. 3 states (listed above) require you to just register with your state. That isn't a certification, but rather, it lets them know you are practicing hypnotherapy. There most likely would be a small fee to register, but can probably be done at any registrar's office.

You can read that and more here: http://www.californiainstitute.net/lice ... herapy.htm

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:42 pm 
Penguin

thanks i will read through this and send an e-mail to the teacher who said i needed a license... I tried google but it only came up with books and websites for the dmv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:39 pm 
born to perform.

thecooltonto wrote:
Ok well thats what I think of it, I mean ultimately its nothing but talk, influence, suggestion, a placebo effect, and motivation. I just don't see where that can help you in a physical way.

If you knew about the placebo effect, you know that physical symptoms CAN indeed disappear because of them.

And if you think talking can't cure physical ailments, read about hysteria and Freud's "talking cure"

Post subject: licenses
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:10 am 
Penguin

Different jurisdictions may have different laws. Cherry Hill, New Jersey may require a license for all hypnotists, while Akron, Ohio may not. It is pointless to ask here. Ask your local, and state, attorneys, and city halls, and such. Some locales still have laws against wearing certain colored clothing on Sundays, and such. Go to the source to learn what your locale does, or does not, require.

Post subject: Re: licenses
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:39 am 
Emperor Penguin

EmeraldOne wrote:
Different jurisdictions may have different laws. Cherry Hill, New Jersey may require a license for all hypnotists, while Akron, Ohio may not. It is pointless to ask here. Ask your local, and state, attorneys, and city halls, and such. Some locales still have laws against wearing certain colored clothing on Sundays, and such. Go to the source to learn what your locale does, or does not, require.
Actually, Wayno answered the question. Most places you don't need a certificate. I know in my state, I can open my own practice.

Also, you do realize that this thread is two months old, and was dead for a reason don't you? The question was already answered, thoroughly.