View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Suggestion
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:15 pm 
Penguin

What is good material to start learning a suggestion mentalism?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:23 pm 
born to perform.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1093

It's out of stock though.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:35 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
Well that was helpful. :lol:

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:22 pm 
Penguin

i already own this it is very good but i was talking about suggestion like the Derren Brown stuff. (If there is any of that in there i may not know haven't read all of it yet but from what i have read it's very good)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:56 pm 
born to perform.

Luke Jermay's material has a lot of stuff on suggestion. I think I read a review for Skullduggery that mentioned it a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:24 pm 
Penguin

You wanna get Building Blocks by luke jermay. That is a great intro to Suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:01 pm 
Penguin

Yeah, building blocks by luke jermay is supposed to be good I also hear Kentonism by kenton Knepper is good book too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:32 pm 
born to perform.

kraynik wrote:
Luke Jermay's material has a lot of stuff on suggestion. I think I read a review for Skullduggery that mentioned it a lot.

Yes, Skullduggery is basically all suggestion, but not for begginers.

Get Building Blocks, to start yourself out for suggestion. Then work yourself up to Skullduggery or 7 deceptions(samething as Skulldduggery except book format. Skullduggery has a few extra tips though.)

Also, suggestion does not work well for kids(including me) even though I really like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:23 pm 
born to perform.

I hear anything by Derren Brown is fantastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:22 pm 
Penguin

ok thx for all the advice but im wondering someone mentioned age which i thought might come up so im just wondering is 15 too young ( ill probably get it anyway because im alttle stuborn and want to try and practice with it but i'd still like to know)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:27 pm 
born to perform.

kingoreo91 wrote:
ok thx for all the advice but im wondering someone mentioned age which i thought might come up so im just wondering is 15 too young ( ill probably get it anyway because im alttle stuborn and want to try and practice with it but i'd still like to know)

Same here. I just wanted to learn it. You will have a difficult time doing suggestion at 15. It will probably last till your 20's because no one wants to take a young person seriously when you perform some mentalism.

I think Fallingblood said he's had difficulties performing suggestion effects. But all in good time I'll be performing it. Give it about 12 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:32 pm 
Penguin

yeah i will and who knows some people may take me serious hopefully and besides after 12 years of practice i will hopefully know what im doing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

kingoreo91 wrote:
Yes. It's too young. I'm 19, and I can't even completely pull it off. Banachek, even when he started, said he had a hard time with it. And he was much better then I am. But he had to work extremely hard to be taken seriously.

The reason it's harder for a younger person to pull this stuff off is because people perceive you being too young. It's a stereotype that many people have. They just won't see you being able to do the stuff that you're claiming to be able to do. Plus, appearance has a lot to do with suggestion. You have to be someone who looks like a trustworthy person. Younger people though, have developed a negative stereotype. They just don't always seem to be the most trustworthy people. And it's something that's hard to overcome.

But start practicing now. Start reading whatever you can. And once you get older, start trying it out more and more. This way, you will have it easier. Don't get me wrong though, it will still be really hard. But you will have much more knowledge on the subject, and you will have the age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:54 pm 
Penguin

yeah thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:09 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
kingoreo91 wrote:
Yes. It's too young. I'm 19, and I can't even completely pull it off. Banachek, even when he started, said he had a hard time with it. And he was much better then I am. But he had to work extremely hard to be taken seriously.

The reason it's harder for a younger person to pull this stuff off is because people perceive you being too young. It's a stereotype that many people have. They just won't see you being able to do the stuff that you're claiming to be able to do. Plus, appearance has a lot to do with suggestion. You have to be someone who looks like a trustworthy person. Younger people though, have developed a negative stereotype. They just don't always seem to be the most trustworthy people. And it's something that's hard to overcome.

But start practicing now. Start reading whatever you can. And once you get older, start trying it out more and more. This way, you will have it easier. Don't get me wrong though, it will still be really hard. But you will have much more knowledge on the subject, and you will have the age.
falling blood, stop it. Just please stop. Don't steryotype like that. And One more question? just who the edited do you perform for?!?!? honestally? you might not be able to get it over on harda-s-s ex-marines, and people over about 30, but anyone younger than that is perfect. And I DO know what I'm talking about. I'm 13, (I'm a serirous mentalist) I do jermay and brown style magi(k). I know what to say and (more importantatally (HOW) to say it. I've done hardcore suggestion in all formats. Personally, who cares how hard of a time banachek had? Suggestion doesn't seem like his thing. I don't know, him thus I can judge, but to each his own. You might be natutrally bad at it, or I might be natutrally good at it. but my point is, don't say NO you're too young, he's not, trust me. Now, he might have a hard time, getting off the ground. I'm an entertainer first, then a mentalist. Don't dbout me for my age, and don't dbout him for his.

And for kingoreo91, start out with building blocks. Read it again, and again...then once more just for kicks. read jermay, brown, and Knepper. Stay away from Knepeprs Hypnosis tho. Kentonisim in paticular. Much different. Once you're good, you can suggest anything. blindness, muteness, lose of taste, and such. I'm not going to lie tho, you'll look like a complete idiot if you can't do it, or fail more than you prevail. PM me, and I'll be glad to help, I've stored my knowledge and other things in my own writings.

P.S. to anyone that Thinks that I just offered him exposure, I didn't, I offered him my ideas, and my begginner effects, I'd like like him to proove himself a worthy student 8).

P.S.S just kidding, not THAT concided.