View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:31 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
I saw forcing is a good impromptu unless no cards. If not then I usually use loops because that is something I NEVER leave without.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:07 pm 
Penguin

Banachek's Psychokinetic Time, is practically impromptu, especially if you wear a watch yourself.

I've done a few feats of contact reading at work and among friends, these techniques are taught in Psychophysiological Thought Reading. At work i've had somebody think of a tool. You could couple contact reading to appear like your using non-contact reading as well, just use your imagination and performing skills.

You could use cold reading techniques as well to give an impromptu reading or to improve any of your other effects. Blitzmagic mentioned Luke Jermay's Building Blocks, there is an effect in there that involves an aura reading. That's a good way to bring up your cold reading skills. Also in Luke Jermay's Seven Deceptions he has an effect called "Twisted Palm" where the spectator actually sees the lines on his or her palm move and twist, use this effect with cold reading and you have a beautiful impromptu effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:26 pm 
born to perform.

llGooberll wrote:
Banachek's Psychokinetic Time, is practically impromptu, especially if you wear a watch yourself.

I've done a few feats of contact reading at work and among friends, these techniques are taught in Psychophysiological Thought Reading. At work i've had somebody think of a tool. You could couple contact reading to appear like your using non-contact reading as well, just use your imagination and performing skills.

You could use cold reading techniques as well to give an impromptu reading or to improve any of your other effects. Blitzmagic mentioned Luke Jermay's Building Blocks, there is an effect in there that involves an aura reading. That's a good way to bring up your cold reading skills. Also in Luke Jermay's Seven Deceptions he has an effect called "Twisted Palm" where the spectator actually sees the lines on his or her palm move and twist, use this effect with cold reading and you have a beautiful impromptu effect.

A strange garden from Luke jermay building blocks use the same principle from the twisting palm effect, You take a leave and ask them to look at it, and they will see two pattern on it, the magician then reveal wich pattern they saw, You can make them see different pattern, I dont know if you can make them see cards, but its complex because you are doing somewhat a mental force for the desing.

It's great, whenever you are walking outside talking with people and you get to find a leave on the groud, it's terrific, I love it.

Also Stuck in time is incredible, If you know a shure fire watch stop, this effect will work everytime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:18 pm 
born to perform.

PK touches is awesome. I did it at school. It's my favorite mentalism effect.

Also I like "For Andruzzi" if te situation is right.

I sometimes borrow a piece of paper have them draw five shapes, have them pick one and reveal it with The Burst Bubble Suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:40 pm 
Penguin

In terms of improptu mentalism, I'm looking for something without props, especially without cards. I can't do cold reading or anything, because that takes way too long to do. To put it into math problem format, Susto needs to buy a magic trick. He has enough money and such for exactly one product. Help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:35 pm 
Penguin

enough money means different things between different people. Also, what's your experience?
Going with what you're giving me, I'm gonna say go for some billet tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:29 pm 
Penguin

Billet, eh? Well, "enough money" means I'm a teenager with no job, and parents who question this hobby, and sixty dollars. Oh, and experience means different things to different people. Specify please, and I will answer in the best way that I can.

Last edited by SUSTO on Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:33 pm 
Penguin

SUSTO wrote:
Oh, and experience means different things to different people.
......complete pwnage.

But serirously, If you're trying to get your money's worth, go for the PSI series number 4, and number one or two.

I don't own number one or two, but I've heard great things, and I say that number four is fablous for metal bending. Number three is a little on the slow side for the actuactal technique, but the other information is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:35 pm 
Penguin

I'll do just that, thank you very much. That experience question will be bothering me now...
So how much would that all come to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:52 pm 
Penguin

should come to about 60. BUT only get volume one or two first. Unless you're perirous about metal bending. I'd say get use to the volume one/two stuff first, unless you really wanna go all about PKMB (PK metal bending).