View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: kool idea
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:19 pm 
Penguin

Ive been thinking about this for a while, and what if you could use forwards in your email box to do mentalism effects? They give off tons of useful information about your friends and their friends and their friends ect.. this could be extremly useful if your going over to say "jacks" house and you happen to have one of those annoying "friend survey" things that devulges his personal information like :where hes been, what his favorite color, what kinds of food he likes wat kind of tv shows he likes ect. And use this information to make a mentalism routine. He wont remeber telling you any of these things because in fact he didnt.

So what im saying is keep those kinds of forwards they could be useful someday!

If you have any further developments on this idea plz tell!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:14 am 
born to perform.

That's very smart. I really like that idea. My only problem with it would be that my friends never reply to those things in the first place. But if they did, it would be really cool, yeh.

Nice one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:37 pm 
Penguin

I recently tried this out, it worked amazingly! people actually think your phycic! its crazy! If you use your acting skillz and maybe write down a little script for a presentation to someone and fill in the blanks with thier answers it would be even more amazing! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:31 am 
born to perform.

My cognitive cogs are wirring here so go with me.

Take a piece of paper and write down a story, missing out various important words or phrases where answers from your friend's survey would fit perfectly. Write the same story again only with your predictions (survey answers) in place, seal it in an envelope. Present your friend with a few effects and then introduce the envelope; give him the story and tell him to use the first word or phrase that pops into his head, don't think too hard about it all just let a word or something you like come to you. Hopefully, given a little verbal suggestion you should get plenty of hits over only a couple of misses. Obviously your suggestion script needs careful consideration but as an idea I hope you like it.

I sadly could never use this as nobody I know even gets those surveys anymore, what with my friendship group being in their early 20s now, so please feel free to use it as you wish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:51 pm 
Penguin

Thx mann, I was getting there but you put the iciing on the cake! i really like that idea! Ive actually started one of those friend surveys myself and sent it to my friends ive had a few reply, now i should probably wait for a while and write down those scripts. (once again thx) And let the mforget about it...

Anyways if you have anyother ideas PLZ write them down were geting close to getting somewhere here!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:27 am 
Penguin

This is called hot reading. It is the gathering of personal information and details about a person without their knowledge and presenting it back to them in a manner in which you are reading their mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:33 am 
born to perform.

Morph wrote:
This is called hot reading. It is the gathering of personal information and details about a person without their knowledge and presenting it back to them in a manner in which you are reading their mind.

Agreed, morph is 100% correct. What you described is hot reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:52 am 
Penguin

The best time to obtain information is at parties when people have had a few drinks. You will find out a tons of various information about friends, or people you are just meeting and they will never remember that they told you any of it.

Remember this stuff for a few months, and the next time you see these people at a party, use the information you gathered and perform some mind reading routines.