View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:21 pm 
Penguin

In the original book Practical Mental Effects which are all effects from Annemannm's JINX, it is within the first 150 pages... now, I will not give you the exact page number for I think you may find some great effects in there if you care to do a real search and discovery... even up to the last page of 310.

Post subject: Ok, but not great presentation offered
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:55 pm 
Penguin

This is a nice routine in basic form, but I am not a fan of the presentation that is offered...particularly the cutouts...

There are lots of ways to make it more 'mental' and certainly ways to make it easier to prep etc... Its a nice idea, but if you watch the video with a critical eye, you can see / hear, that not even the spectators on the dvd are that impressed by this version....

Just MHO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:32 pm 
born to perform.

revelation77 wrote:
Nigromante wrote:
Yes. It involves the spectator picking a card with a name on it, and you predicting that name by cutting out the picture, or mind reading that name, and then cutting out the picture to show you knew who it was. So I'd definitely classify it as mentalism.

A prediction is something that happens before they pick a card or whatever. Mentalism is creating the illusion of mind reading, psychokinesis, precognition, clairvoyance or mind control. I'm not really sure if this is mentalism...I might be wrong.

I'm pretty sure a prediction falls under Mentalism. Telekinesis not Psychokinesis. Know your kinesis'! LOL :lol: