View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: book test
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:28 pm 
Penguin

I am looking for a powerful book test, be it a gaffed book(s) or not. Basically I want something that even when an extremely observant person recalls the effect they will still be dumbfounded. I know I can manipulate their memory of the effect but if you've seen derren brown do the book test in the library with the librarian , that's what I want. I do understand that he very possibly hypnotized the librarian into selecting that particular book , so I don't really expect to be able to purchase that , but hey, if you know where that info is please direct me to it :)
cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:39 am 
born to perform.

The Hoy book test
The AAA Book test
The mother of all book test (in peek performance by Richard Bush)

And the cream of the cream:
The Brook test: http://www.paulbrook.co.uk/brooktest.htm

If you prefer gimimcked book or prepared book you should look at www.outlaw-effects.com they have great book tests that you can personalise with your presentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:04 pm 
Penguin

thanks a lot fr the info Blitzmagic , you have been a great help. I had seen Paul Brook on youtube doing corrupted psychology and psychologically forcing a card on someone but didn't realize at the time he was more than just a guy posting on youtube.

My eyes, and mind, have opened even more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:19 pm 
Team Penguin

I would go with Chuck Hickok's presentation. I don't think there is a better one out there. It is in his book, Mentalism Incorperated taht they sell on other sites. I also like the David Hoy's Impromptu Booktest, which is really good, but not really for a proffesional Performance. Look up Larry Becker and Lee Earle. I know they have one that is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:40 pm 
born to perform.

Those are all good book test, but Brook Test is my favorite by far, it is impromptu also.

M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:02 pm 
Penguin

my friend got as good one somewhere else

Post subject: Salut
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:32 pm 
Penguin

Blitz..I'm still looking for a mentalism effect. My main problem is that one hand is inside the ventriloquism figure and the other can't do much other than hit sound cues and make expressive gestures.
I was wondering about Menny Lindenfield's A New Concept in Mental Magic and also Larry Becker's Flashback?
Thanks, ron0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:30 am 
born to perform.

Hmmm,

In his book Paul Brooks give variations of his book test which you migth like, funny you say ventriloquism because I used to do ventriloquism.

If you own peek performances there is a small book test that can almost be done hand free, however I don't like it much.

I know that Larry Beckers routine are good, I have Stunner Plus is this book test is in that book? I would like to reccomend something for you but I don't own all the book test availiable out there.

hmm, Have you thougth about using billet switch with your puppet? Look in PRISM for Pre-Duck-tion I bet it will leave your mind spinning with ideas...

:wink:

Max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:23 am 
Penguin

Richard Osterlind has an amazing magazine test in Mind Mysteries Volume 1. The subtleties he offers for this effect make it amazing. Osterlind says himself that you can fool magicians with this one and if you watch it, you will understand why. Extremely clever and well though out from every single aspect. You can also predict the word that they first thought of, but then changed their mind and selected another word and you predict that they would do this and exactly what words they would choose first and second.

Post subject: a vent..I'm not surprised
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:26 pm 
Penguin

Thank you, Max. Would you please elaborate what you meant by ,"Have you thought about using billet switch with your puppet?"
Is this a way of having my vent figure disappear?
Lumas, great idea.Many thanks.
Merci.ron0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:24 am 
Penguin

I just came across a book test with the DaVinci Code book. Anyone familiar with it?? Worth a shot??

Post subject: Billet reading with dummy billet???
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:48 pm 
Penguin

Blitz..I've gone to the library today and all I can discover is that billet is a lesson taught under mentalism. Would you please tell me what it is?
Thanks.ron0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:54 am 
born to perform.

rono, in my opinion, you aren't ready for a book test if you don't know what a billet is. Go get 13 steps to mentalism by Corinda, it has an in-depth explanation of what a billet is, as well as a few book tests. Well worth the money it costs as it teaches time-tested methods that are hard-hitting.

Post subject: oh no..unmasked!
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:05 pm 
Penguin

Bucky, thanks. As you read Max used to do vent so that's why I asked him if there was a way that I could use my somewhat free left hand to do a basic mentalism illusion other than the most difficult What's My Job?
So I'll ask you.
Using a billet switch does my vent figure leave my right hand?
I am confused again since I asked Max about a mentalism effect and you asked me about a book test. You seem to be familiar with ventriloquism so I'm wondering if an arm rod would have to be purchased? Thanks again.ron0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:54 pm 
Penguin

You don't need to use billets to perform a book test.

There are dozens of ways that you could perform a book test with one hand.