View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Idea
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:34 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
Idea for a short little routine. If you perform Watch Crystal and use Oz's presentation (tweaked a little,) you can follow it up with the classic time machine and say "Here's the rest of the watch. It's a little special too...." and do the trick. Just an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:26 pm 
born to perform.

It's a little special too... When it is a completly normal everyday whatch??

Better force a time on a spectator with a watch, or get a peek and use the crystal thingy.

Also I stress that, don't use other people presentation, it makes you look robotic, you can inspire your script from someone else, but going throught the process of writing your own scritp is much better.

M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:57 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
Bliztmagic wrote:
It's a little special too... When it is a completly normal everyday whatch??

Better force a time on a spectator with a watch, or get a peek and use the crystal thingy.

Also I stress that, don't use other people presentation, it makes you look robotic, you can inspire your script from someone else, but going throught the process of writing your own scritp is much better.

M.

I don't care if you use it or not, I was just throwing it out there. Oz's presentation you can adapt to your own, and still get across the fact that it's from an old pocket watch. It would give you justification to bring out an old looking watch later on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:32 am 
born to perform.

Then you are giving credit to the watch and not yourself by saying it's special.

If you show me a deck of cards and you say, this is a deck of card, of course it is.

But if you show me a deck of cards and say it's ''a bit special too'' I will suspect something.

It's just a little point I wanted to come with, if you show something that is visually special, like a very very old picture then you can say it's special, but if you bring something that people carry everyday and you say it's special...

You can do this in magic, but in mentalism, if you want to build a compelling demonstration you have to sweat the details and give a second look to the little details.

Nothing wrong with your idea, I just wanted to come with some points.
M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:05 pm 
born to perform.

I would never use that presentation in a show either. Pocket watches, though, I think you could still get by saying that though. It's like a sponge ball, people are not too familiar with them so it is new to them. Like you mentioned before, don't use other peoples presentations, so don't use mine (even though I would never say the special part.)