View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: sleight of mind
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 am 
Penguin

hey so i normally do alot of coin spongeball and various other sleight of hand stuff, so im not really used to the whole mentalism thing (i have dabbled in it a litte with things like stigmata and whatnot), so would it be a good idea to start to look into the book sleight of mind? as i have read around it seems like people tend to recommend it alot if you wanna try out nlp and suggestion which is what im interested in due to its seemingly vast amounts of applications. so my question is, is sleight of mind a good starting point for the more in your head kind of effects?

(sorry if i ramble a little)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:50 am 
born to perform.

It is best to start with a few more elementary books on the mentalism subject and to pass off the effects in those as mind reading effects. For that I would recommend either: Practical Mental Magic, 13 Steps to Mentalism (most recommended) and PRISM (which I only recommend after either 13 Steps or Practical Mental Magic). Those books have some fantastic effects which can be presented as mind reading. Additionally, you can take some of the effects in there and change them into something completely new for a different effect.
Once you have a good understanding of mentalism, and I don't mean immediately after reading two of those books, you can get Sleight of Mind and start learning suggestion. I feel it is a good idea to have a solid mentalism foundation first, otherwise suggestion will be very difficult to pull off. Especially since Sleight of Mind is also subtitled something like "suggestion for the mentalists toolkit".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:57 pm 
Penguin

sounds like a plan lol