View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

What Do you think of Mind Shades?
Great! 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
OK 58%  58%  [ 7 ]
What were you thinking when you ordered it? 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Peter Loughran's Mind Shades (What do you guys think?)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:31 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys, it's been while since i've been on the forums and I've reached five years into magic now.....

Anyways, I recently ordered Peter Loughran's MindShades and they look kool. I certainly know how i can use them but I was wondering....What do you guys (people who own this item) think of the product. I'm definetely a big fan of "wearable" magic and this seem to pass the bar.

Also, how do you guys use it? Me being a big time metalist along with my other interests in magic, I think it would be cool to share prensentations and varioutions. If not (because of exposer) it's ok.

Taylor
http://unismagic.tripod.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:33 pm 
Penguin

Hey I finally got these and they are amazing! If u have questions, feel free to ask!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:05 pm 
born to perform.

Do they sell it at Penguin? I couldn't find it.
Here is where I found it ( don't know if this is ok to post, Mods please edit it if it is not)

Anyway what can they really do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:39 pm 
Penguin

borntopreform wrote:
Do they sell it at Penguin? I couldn't find it.
Here is where I found it ( don't know if this is ok to post, Mods please edit it if it is not)

Anyway what can they really do?

So u can see i wrote a review: http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=134927

Anyways without exposing the secret, the basic idea of MindShades is allowing you to gain secret information in a clever way. For instance, if you do the classic trick with the block of wood and the peg, and you narow it down t wich one it is by slamming your hand down on the styrofome cup, you can do that impromtu at a moments notice.

You can use it to see what card a person picked or see what part of a wall someone touched.

The prop comes with a little booklet that includes 8 different routines. Hope this helps. If you like mentalism, you'll like this trick. If you like "Street trick" then you like this. If you like magic that can be done at a moments notice, then you will definetely like this!

Hope this helps!

UNIS_MAGIC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:37 pm 
Penguin

I don't even own this but the secret is quite simple...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:36 pm 
Penguin

Thouse look like my Spy Sunglasses... Lolz (Long story short, I like spy stuff as a little kid and I still do, however I dont buy spy stuff anymore, instead I buy magic items :) )

I think I know how these things work if its the same idea as my glasses. Mine might be cheaper? I dono... lolz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:57 am 
born to perform.

Spy stuff? Like stuff made for 8 year olds?

Post subject: shades
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:56 pm 
Penguin

I own Mindshades also, they are very modern looking glasses. First of all sorry for my English if it bothers you. For 50 bucks, you get a well-looking pair of sunglasses. Secondly, the gimmick is seriously invisible for a lay person because they don't know how to look at it. I have been asked by persons to hand out my glasses and they found nothing!
As for my presentation, I came up with lots of ways actually, some of the very simple ones are: I make someone think of a number between 1 and 10 , I turn around , ask them to close their fists and put their hands on their eyes, I ask them to symbolize their number and show the correct amount of finger in order to make my linking easier, then I of course tell them that I received a circle looking line and if it looks like an 8 or similar vice versa. I also use the glasses for drawing duplication because they are extremely powerful at that. Without looking towards them , I ask people to hold one item in their hands and think of it, of course I can exactly tell what that item is. I make 5-6 people stand as a line , I turn my back, and ask them to step forward or backward, I tell them if they feel like going forward they should go forward (same for going back) because that would be my psychokinesis (my influence) on their mind. Let's say 3 people stepped forward and 2 stepped back. While my back is turned , I ask the first person their name , try to do a little bit of character analysis, and if he stepped forward , I would say that he is not shy etc , I just invent some mysterious sentences and say if he stepped forward etc. Possibilites are endless with mindshades , however, you shouldn't pull attention to them, make some gestures with your hands while your back is turned tell people that you got your 3rd eye in your right hand so they will more likely inspect your hand rather than looking at your glasses. I hope this post helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:02 am 
Penguin

I knew the secret from years back, I just made my own pair.