View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: yes/no monte
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:05 am 
born to perform.

Um I don't think that's the right name for it but it's as good as any. The affect is basically this, you have 2 cards, one with yes written on it and one with no. Whatever your presentation is you place one card on the table face down and hold onto the other. Ask the spectator what it is and he's either always right or always wrong (depending on your presentation.)

I came up with a way to do this with folded billets but I was just wondering if there was a method out there (a full proof one) using cards where the spectator can pick up the card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:07 am 
born to perform.

equivoque?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:33 am 
Penguin

Do you mean the same kind of thing Derren Brown did?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:06 am 
born to perform.

You are probably thinking about a Out of this world effect, you could have a stack of index cards or blank cards, on them you write yes/no, whatever, and you have people select cards and you place them in stacks.

There's a neat effect called Split Reality made by my buddy Jeff Richards, it's an ebook, you can get it on outlaw effects. It's a out of this world effect for mentalist, it's very easy and neat!

Max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:05 am 
born to perform.

Bliztmagic wrote:
You are probably thinking about a Out of this world effect, you could have a stack of index cards or blank cards, on them you write yes/no, whatever, and you have people select cards and you place them in stacks.

There's a neat effect called Split Reality made by my buddy Jeff Richards, it's an ebook, you can get it on outlaw effects. It's a out of this world effect for mentalist, it's very easy and neat!

Max.
I would read his post again...

Post subject: Re: yes/no monte
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:21 am 
Penguin

arkham666 wrote:
Um I don't think that's the right name for it but it's as good as any. The affect is basically this, you have 2 cards, one with yes written on it and one with no. Whatever your presentation is you place one card on the table face down and hold onto the other. Ask the spectator what it is and he's either always right or always wrong (depending on your presentation.)

I came up with a way to do this with folded billets but I was just wondering if there was a method out there (a full proof one) using cards where the spectator can pick up the card.

I don't see anything special about this trick anyway. It is a 50-50 chance she will pick the correct one. Unless you plan on doing it 4 or 5 times in a row.

So you place one card down on the table and you want the spec to guess if it is yes or no? There is really no clean way to do this unless you verbally force them, which won't always work. Besides that, there is no real clean way to do it unless you do a switch. But I am assuming you would like for the spectator to turn it over himself?

You could place it in an envelope and have a two way out envelope. Or you could have a double backer with Yes on one side and No on the other in the envelope. Again, not as clean as you would like...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:36 am 

Mexican turnover would work well with two ungaffed cards each with a word on it. You'd have to practice so it looks exactly the same whether you switch them or not. And yes you'd have to repeat this several times for it to sink in that there's something more than 50:50 luck going on.

How you can let them turn the card over every time? I don't know. You can mix it up and let them turn it up occasionally, maybe it'll be enough. You won't know until you've tried it on a lot of people to see for yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:51 pm 
born to perform.

Sorry everyone don't know if I was really clear in my post and didn't have time to look for this. This is the affect I want to recreate. If it can be done full proofthen that's great. I can do it as I said earlier with folded billets as I can use a billet switch but I was just wondering if this is something that's full proof or if it's a bit dangerous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXEU98swmGw

oh an thanks for the thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:26 am 
born to perform.

It's much like a double out routine, but i don't have a definite answer...

Max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 am 
born to perform.

yeah I was thinking it's probably one of those things which looks amazing on TV because they can do it multiple times and the mentalist can do pre show work with the subject. That way it looks really clean because it was sort of lucky but in real life performance you just have an out like a mexican turnover when it goes wrong.