View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "Mind Punch"
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:41 pm 
Penguin

as performed by Derren Brown to a kung fu student...is this available anywhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:47 pm 
born to perform.

no.

Post subject: ok....
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:01 am 
Penguin

bucky310 wrote:
no.

Would you care to elaborate? That effect goes far beyond "NLP" (and I've been using NLP in and out of magic since the 80's).
Would this be a good place to begin a thread on ideas of how it was done? I'll start by saying that one method certainly can be through a rapid induction, but that doesn't explain half of what we saw on TV. Another note is that much of the magic of television depends on how a given piece is edited. I wonder what we didn't see?
If you you-tube "invisible punch" you'll come across some interesting clips...

SZC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:01 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Sorry, are we talking about 1 inch punch? If so I have some ideas.

Post subject: Re: ok....
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53 pm 
born to perform.

n8ivefl wrote:
bucky310 wrote:
no.

Would you care to elaborate? That effect goes far beyond "NLP" (and I've been using NLP in and out of magic since the 80's).
Would this be a good place to begin a thread on ideas of how it was done? I'll start by saying that one method certainly can be through a rapid induction, but that doesn't explain half of what we saw on TV. Another note is that much of the magic of television depends on how a given piece is edited. I wonder what we didn't see?

SZC

I answered your question. You have answered your others. You know this goes beyond NLP and that some possible television glorification is at hand. Threads based on ideas of how tricks are performed are pretty much against the rules here. It borders on exposure. That's all I will say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:13 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Yeah they shouldn't be discussed here

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:32 pm 
Penguin

bucky310 wrote:
n8ivefl wrote:
bucky310 wrote:
no.

SZC

I answered your question. You have answered your others. You know this goes beyond NLP and that some possible television glorification is at hand. Threads based on ideas of how tricks are performed are pretty much against the rules here. It borders on exposure. That's all I will say.

Fair enough. I withdraw the issue and appreciate your straightforwardness.
BTW, the 1-inch punch is a completely different phenomenon not related to magic.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:33 am 
Penguin

n8ivefl wrote:
bucky310 wrote:
n8ivefl wrote:
bucky310 wrote:
no.

SZC

Fair enough. I withdraw the issue and appreciate your straightforwardness.
BTW, the 1-inch punch is a completely different phenomenon not related to magic.

The 1 inch punch is a form of Martial Arts and Not Magic...it was Exposed to the West (if I am not Mistaken)by Bruce Lee...

I was taught the 1 inch punch by my Brother and Uncle and I have taught it to my Son...it usually takes over 5 years just to learn the punch.

Done Correctly the 1 inch punch is meant to Kill or Maim your Oppenent...The 1 inch Punch is a Form of Chinese Dim Mak and not Magic.

Dim Mak is a Form of Chinese Martial Arts hitting Pressure Points Once or in Combinations...some to Kill Immediately and Some to Time Your Oppnents Death...it is Rummored that Bruce Lee was Killed by a Bok Mai, Dim Mak Master in Hong Kong during one of Bruce Lee's Street Fights...Bruce Lee Knocked Down the Old Man but the Old Man did his Timed Death on Bruce Lee.

Bok Mai is a Form of Chinese Gung Fu that is Similar to Shao Lin. Bok Mai was Developed to Kill The Shaolin Monks...The Original Bok Mai Master was a spy of the Chinese Emperor and he Burned Down the Shaolin Temple after his legion of Soldiers Slaughtered Most of the Monks...Historical fact

Bok Mai is not taught to Westerners and is considered a Black Martial Arts by us Chinese and even few Chinese has heard of Bok Mai it is similar in philosophy to Ninjutsu for the Japanese.
Google Dim Mak or Chi Gong to find out more on the Methods.

What Derren Brown does is a form of Hypnosis and I use it in my shows.
I was not there at the filming and yet I am sure quite a bit of pre-work footage has been cut out of the program. You can actually Hypnotize people and plant post hypnotics into them and have them act or feel whatever you as a hypnotist decide. When you get extremely advance as a hypnotist you can do some of it covertly...and can all be done safely.

I believe Derren Brown does it like I have done it in my shows...You can not really learn this effect without someone showing you how it is done and if you do not cancel the post hypnotics correctly...it may have adverse affects to your participant.

Derren Brown is The MAN...I hope he gets a regular TV program here...Luke Jermay sometimes consults for Derren...

H.W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:48 am 
born to perform.

Interesting honywong.

Quote:
Bok Mai is not taught to Westerners and is considered a Black Martial Arts by us Chinese and even few Chinese has heard of Bok Mai it is similar in philosophy to Ninjutsu for the Japanese.
Google Dim Mak or Chi Gong to find out more on the Methods.

Many westerners have been taught Ninjutsu, myself included. I studied for ten years under a private teacher to learn Ninjutsu.

I was also taught a version of the 1-inch punch. My teacher called it the "finger spear". The intent of the attack was to kill your opponent with a single shot to the trunk, chest, head or neck using only the knuckles of your index and middle finger.

In my last year of training, my teacher and I simultaneously hit each other with the technique in a training fight - several broken ribs all around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:18 am 
Penguin

This can be found in a book called "Skills of the vagabond".

Tony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:38 pm 
born to perform.

the segment of derren doing this trick is called "one inch punch" i don't think anyone was actually referring to the martial arts technique.