View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Physical Mentalism!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:07 pm 
Penguin

Anything is Possible! I Know this Now.

I want to push beyond the limits of my body

I Am Not Interested in card mentalism, or anything. I Am Fond of Mind Reading, numbers ect, which I am Great at, but this topic is specefically is for Physical Mentalism

I have been weight lifting since I was 16 years old, I am 21 years old now. I Can deadlift 405 pounds for 3 reps, I weight 130 pounds. The Only thing that brings me any sort of gratification these days is Weight Training.

But I LOVE pushing my body beyond the pain threshhold, I truly enjoy the Pain, I KNow I can to so much more, Limitless

Let me give you an example.

I used to hang on the pull up bar in the gym, and couldnt hang their for more than 2 minutes!

so one Day, I transfered all energy into something positive and deceded to go up on the roof of a house, which had a bar their, and I hanged their. and guess what!

5 minues and 59 seconds! OOOO yeah! I was PRoud, And I made sure I placed a soft cushion their, so my landing was sweet, it was bout 20 feet. I think just from tht Hang, I grew half and inch, cuz my Spine was Strectched so WELL! 9

Any way, I want to progress further, I Know Anything is Possible, I Know in my soul I Can Do Anything, I just have to believe in myself. I know It is up to me, I have to go within myself.

but
I do

I ask for Guidance, from any one who has real experience, more than me, in regards to this, and I ask to perhaps techniques, training, from someone who Knows Alot.

Thank You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:42 am 
Penguin

you guys Suck! lol 9

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:53 am 
Penguin

Let me explain. Your post makes no sense for this forum. Oh, and I don't like braggers. Most of the time it means you're insecure about something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:18 am 
born to perform.

I believe he was just trying to express excitement.

Hey Vaines, Welcome to Penguin Town!

I'm guessing that there were no helpful replies because there hasn't been anyone here with the experience you are looking for to answer your question.

Being a magic forum, people will want to discuss tricks/stunts/effects that one can "appear" to actually be accomplishing, like levitating a dollar bill.
If you can combine your strengths and tolerances with illusion, you may get more responses. An example; Doing a one arm hand stand while also levitating a dollar bill. Yoda and Skywalker come to mind. :D

If illusion doesn't sound appealing to you, I suggest getting involved with martial arts. There are PLENTY of uses for pure strength, pushing one's limits and pain tolerance there.

That's just my 100 cents. Value for you may vary. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:02 am 
Emperor Penguin

Telling us that we suck will not get you very much help at all. It will end up with people coming in here and bashing you.

From what it sounds to me, you want something that will be real mentalism. If that's what you're looking for, then you might as well give up. It's all just a trick. If you want to go into something like feats of strength (many of which rely on illusion) then you should check out Charles MacMahon. If you're looking for illusions or mentalism, check out Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism.

A little advice from now on though, act your age. It's highly suspicious when you act like a 12-13 year old, but claim to be 21. It's going to make everything that comes from your lips seem like a lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:29 am 
Penguin

This isn't mentalism.

Mentalism is using tricks and and/or psychology to give the illusion of reading a spectator's mind, predicting the future, or something of that sort.. The physical exercises that you do, are, well, exactly that: the physical exercises that you do. There is little to no relation between using trickery and psychology to appear to read a spectator's mind and putting yourself in a state of mind where you are able to do physical feats.

I'm not putting you down, as I do have respect for what you're doing, but I just don't want you being misinformed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:06 pm 
born to perform.

MMA all the way. Go study some Jujitsu. You'll be a great fighter if your as strong as you say.