View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How To Read Someone's Mind Without Writing Anything
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:15 am 
Penguin

How To Read Someone's Mind Without Writing Anything.

This is the routine: Magician asks the spectator to think of the name of first love they had. Instantly the magician knows the name and reaveals. HOW DID HE DO THAT?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:08 pm 
Penguin

Read their blog?

What you see on tv is not always what happens in the real world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:47 pm 
born to perform.

It is possible, have you really read your 13 steps yet? The idea is in there for sure I can guarantee that. My number one tip for you in mentalism is to experiment for yourself as much as you can. Don't expect to be spoon fed everything here, cause most people just won't bother with you if that's all you talk about. Which, in my opinion, it seems you are just fishing for information (not free information granted), which gets really annoying to people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:19 pm 
born to perform.

What you saw on TV was probably what you would see on a David Blaine show. They never show you the pre-show work so as soon as the cameras start running, you believe nothing has been written.

But it is possible to read someone's mind without having anything written. Effects like Max Maven's Contimental allows you to tell someone to think of a country in Western Europe and you reveal it. Nothing written down.

Post subject: Polow7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:20 am 
Penguin

Hello bucky310. On which page of 13 steps to mentalism can i get this effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:46 am 
born to perform.

Like I said, I'm not going to spoon feed you, the information is there, be creative enough for yourself to find it. If you have read it twice like you should have, then you would know exactly what I am talking about, or at least you'd find your own way of doing it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:15 pm 
Penguin

Why cant you just tell me the page. Ive read the book many times. Please!!!

Post subject: Re: Polow7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Polow7 wrote:
Why cant you just tell me the page. Ive read the book many times. Please!!!
Then you should have no problem finding it. It really is a waste of our time to do all of the work for you. As we would have to also go search for it, because trying to memorize where every piece of information is is actually quite useless. Especially, when others simply can do a little work and search for themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:41 pm 
born to perform.

geez, kids these days. Want everything for nothing and not willing to put any effort into it. I guarantee polow will not last as a mentalist with this attitude towards studying it himself. If you're too lazy to figure some of the stuff you want to do out yourself, then just give up. It's harsh, but only the people willing to put in the time and effort will succeed in mentalism. I have not EVER asked anyone where something was in a book I already owned, I looked it up myself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:02 am 
Penguin

OK. I understand that you are concerened with keeping secrets to your self, so i decided to read the book again. I read it yesterday and could not find one part that explains this effect. Could you tell me any hints or on which chapter it is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:32 am 
born to perform.

He is talking about pencil reading, lip reading, etc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:54 am 
Penguin

But you need to write the info to get the info. The spectator dosent just think of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:55 am 
born to perform.

Benji is somewhat correct. And I highly doubt you were able to read that entire book in just one day.
And I never said that 13 steps had this effect in there. What I said was that the information you needed was in there. You just need to be creative enough to figure it out for yourself. Which is why I didn't point you to any one page in the book. These are the reasons people like you need to learn to do your own thinking in magic.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:13 am 
Penguin

You know what i have enough of you. In every single Thread you keep critising. I asked you a question if you want to help me answer with respect and in a helpfull maner if not shut up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:06 pm 
born to perform.

Despite what you may think, I am being helpful. I told you what book the information you wanted was in, you said you read it, but I doubted you, and now you're getting angry with me and telling me to shut up. It's not my fault you do not want to look deep enough to figure it out. Every single thread you have started (at least the ones that I have seen) has been about having someone else tell you where some information is. In fact, you had two threads going with this topic, if not more, since December. We're not here to tell you everything, some stuff you're just going to have to figure out on your own. I'm not going to worry though, you seem to want to keep this lazy attitude of yours, so you'll give up on mentalism in a year or so. I've had enough of you as well. Next time, I'll just leave you to figure out which book to go to, maybe you'll actually learn something that way.